My little tiny adorable baby turned seven this past weekend.
… has yet to lose a tooth much less even have a loose tooth.
… could sleep in until 10:00am and take three hour naps everyday if I would let him.
… has an odd fear of bug swarms.
… is the most generous soul I know. He will scrimp and save and work hard to get something he wants then in the next moment give it away because he loves to see people happy.
… is a kind and gentle loving brother. Eddie runs up to him in the morning for his “morning hug”. Olivia looks into his eyes and smiles and smiles. He is adored by us all.
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- **I have a family of seven and doubled the recipe.**
- Place all ingredients in large bowl and mix until combined. Evenly separate batter into six bowls. Add 1-2
- drops of red to one bowl, orange to the next bowl, yellow to a bowl, green to a bowl, blue and purple gel food coloring to their each bowl.
- Pour first batter onto heated waffle iron and heat according to machine directions, about 2 minutes.
- Place waffles in low temp oven to keep warm while completing rest of the colors.
- Serve immediately with syrup.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.
… has been asking me for Rainbow Pancakes since I first made them in 2009. Seriously.
Every. Single. Year.
The night before his birthday he changed it up and requested waffles, and I was more than happy to oblige. These rainbow waffles were fun and delicious. My husband and I chuckled every time they would say, “I like yellow the best.”
“No, I think green tastes the best!”
“No, I say the purple is the best!”
To see his eyes light up and a smile spread across his adorable face is just about all a mom can ask for.
Happy Birthday, Parker! You are much loved!
We love this recipe and often use it in different ways! I used just a little red food coloring to make PINK waffles for my little girls birthday. Added some whipped cream (homemade so less sugar!) and sprinkles from Sweetapolita’s new line! Try these Waffles of Insane Greatness for another delicious waffle recipe!