Have you ever met Jenny? She is the genius force behind the amazing blog, Picky Palate.
And… she is having a baby!
Well, did you know that sweet Jenny INVENTED the Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookie? You’ve seen it everywhere right… that glorious creation of a chocolate chip cookie with an entire Oreo hidden in the center? Jenny was the Original! Isnt that cool?
So I decided to make a cake that was as unique and as fun as she is. Which is no easy challenge!
The outside I based on her adorable blog design.
The border is made to mimic Jenny’s pretty scalloped blog header.
The rattle is a “baby-fied” interpretation of her knife, fork, and spoon logo.
And the inside…
A chocolate chip cookie Oreo stuffed Cake! You totally saw that comin right? I posted a quick “recipe” for this cake below, but be sure to check out Jenny’s Original Recipe to make mouth watering Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
- 36 ounces of cookie dough I use the Nestle tub
- 14 -15 Double Stuff Oroes
- 2 cups Buttercream
- In a well prepared 8inch cake pan, place half of your cookie dough. Press down so that it is a flat layer.
- Starting in the center, place Oreo’s flat on top of cookie dough. Press down remaining cookie dough over Oreo layer.
- In an oven heated to 350, bake for 25-35 minutes. At 25 min. I placed an aluminum foil ring around the edge of the pan so the cookie edges would not burn, and then watched closely.
- Remove from oven when center is no longer shiny.
- Let cool and cover in buttercream.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.