I’ve been playing around. Here are some cookies I am contemplating using in the near future… think any are keepers? And be honest!
Valentines Day Cookies
- 1 1/2 c Butter I Use Unsalted
- 2 c Sugar
- 2 whole Eggs
- 2 whole Eggs Yolks
- 4 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp. Almond Extract
- 4 c All-purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- In a mixer, beat butter and sugar until well combined, about 2 minutes.
- Add in 2 eggs and 2 egg yolks and mix until combined.
- Add in vanilla and almond extract; mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, salt, and baking powder. Slowly (about a cup at a time) add flour to butter mixture and combine. You can use a mixer or not, just depends on how strong you are.
- Mix ingredients until they are just combined.
- Put dough in some Saran wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour. When you are ready to bake, heat oven to 350 degrees. Roll dough out, cut out cookies, and bake for 6-8 minutes.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.
I’m sorta getting artsy fartsy. Dont know why.
Im working on some Valentines petit fours… hopefully (finally!)
Personally I like artsy fartsy 😉 I think the white cookie with the multi color dots is very cute. I am sure mine would look nothing like that, hopefully they will look like a cookie.
LOVE the stripes with a heart. So simple but lovely.
These are amazing! Love the stripes and the squiggles! And I’m always looking for a good sugar cookie and frosting recipe so I’m excited to try yours!
i love these! do you outline and flood the cookies to make the frosting look like this??
Love your receipes!!