Baby Blue Monster Cookies

filed under: Miscellaneous on April 9, 2011

I recently had a baby.

He was born on Monday, March 28th. I was home from the hospital by Wednesday, March 30th.

I had baked a batch of cookies by noon on March 31st.

I am definitely a crazy obsessed baker. And not a very good listener.

But one thing I had done to make things a bit easier is to allow myself a few shortcuts. Like not beating myself up for using a box mix. Or frosting from a can.

I just couldn't stand for long periods of time, so if I was going to be doing any baking, I needed it to be quick and easy. (you might be seeing a lot of 'quick and easy' around here for a few weeks.)

Anywho, since I had to go back to the hospital on Friday, April 1st, for my follow up appointment, I wanted to bring a few treats for the wonderful staff at the hospital.

So I made these.

IMG_6999.stamp

They could not be easier.

Ingredients:

1 bag Betty Crocker Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie (Or you can use the plain Oatmeal Cookie)

Imagesoatmea

1 bag Peanut Butter Cookie

Imagesoeanutbutter

Any additional sweets of choice. In the past I have added caramel bits, heath, more peanut butter, gourmet chocolate, cranberries, etc. The sky is the limit! (The link also goes to a 'from scratch' recipe if you are opposed to the semi homemade version)

For these cookies I added:

1 container blue M&M's (For our baby boy!)

1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

1 cup white chocolate chips

IMG_7023.stamp

I put a few dozen cookies into cellophane bags for all the nurses and doctors who were so kind and helpful to me. Thank you all!

But I also saved a few for my family and for guests… cause these cookies are good.

Like, seriously, amazingly, wonderfully good.

Probably my favorite cookies besides sugar cookies. Probably the easiest cookie I have ever made.

Probably going to be made many, many more times in this house.

IMG_7034.stamp

You gotta try them.

You wont be disappointed.

Your email address will not be published.

Comments

• Lucy @ The Sweet Touch says:

Leave it to you to be back in the kitchen already:D The new baby is adorable, I hope you are enjoying every moment with the lil’ guy!

• SweetSugarBelle says:

i am SOOOOOOOOOOOOo hungry! I forgive you for baking fresh out of the hospital! You have to have SOMETHING around to keep your strength up =)

• "Mich" Michele says:

You have been sooooo on my mind! Congrats on that precious bundle of baby!!!! I cannot imagine getting up to bake for others right now…it should be all about you and your new little one! Bless your heart! Glad to hear you are keeping us posted….ha!

• Paula says:

No doubt the Dr’s and Nurses were delighted to receive these. Love the packaging in the bread pans. Hope little Eddie is doing well and that his Mom is too!

• Jessiker @ Jessiker Bakes says:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! March babies are the best ;).

• Wenderly says:

You are such a sweet peach! I’m sure the staff loved your treats…now be sure to treat yourself!

• notyet100 says:

congrats,,,cookies look too good,,

• Casey says:

Congratulations, you’ll have a very eager taste tester in the future. By the way, you are a genius! I will be making these for Easter with Easter colours.
    I made your rainbow cake recipe and though it’s not as dazzling as yours, I am very happy with the results! The party guests were pretty happy too. 🙂

• Amber | Bluebonnets & Brownies says:

The fact that you baked the hospital staff cookies while recovering from a c-section tells me how much alike you and I are. I did the exact same thing after having back surgery. They’re adorable, Amanda.

• Amber | Bluebonnets & Brownies says:

• shari says:

Mazel Tov on the birth of your son!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And as much as I ALMOST always bake from scratch, there are times when picking up a mix in a situation, works just fine.
    I learned a long time ago, not to beat myself up for not doing everything from scratch.
    Not one person has EVER asked……….or even said ” Oh my god I will not eat this unless it is from scratch!!!!!!!!!”
    Love you because you are up front about something that a lot of others try to hide.
    Enjoy the new baby. He will grow up on the table next to you, watching everthing you bake, as my kids did.

• Irene says:

congratulations!! Quick and easy recipes are ALWAYS welcomed!

• Miri Leigh says:

These cookies look wonderful- and thanks for the easy-to-follow recipe!

• Amber | Bluebonnets & Brownies says:

• Barbara says:

You ARE obsessed! Take it easy and don’t overdo. You’ve got enough to do. I swear, if I had been blogging when I had mine, well, I wouldn’t have been blogging!!
    (There weren’t any computers anyway.)

• Jamie | My Baking Addiction says:

I love how easy these are…I also love that you are as obsessed with baking as I am! I know I would’ve done the exact same thing! Congrats again, Amanda!

• trish says:

I love your honesty. These look just wonderful, like YOU. Thanks!!

• Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles says:

I’d like to know where you get your energy! With a brand new baby, wow! These are so fun – I love the blue M&M’s!!!

• Celeste says:

Congratulations! These cookies are cute and I bet really tasty, too!

• Anonymous says:

Cool. Thanks for the permission slip to go pre-mix! Us bakers need a reminder every once in a while! And congratulations on the arrival of your new little guy!

• Christine says:

Congratulations !! These cookies look beautiful 🙂 Blessings to you and your family at this precious time 🙂 xx

• naomi says:

Seriously, Amanda, I don’t know how you are finding the time to turn out all these fab treats with a newborn, but I’m selfishly not complaining!
    This make want like a dozen or more!

• Kristen says:

You amaze me… seriously. Already making cookies?

• Shaina says:

I’m so glad you’re back to baking, my dear.

• Trooppetrie says:

you had a baby, is that like a secret you have been keeping. i am so excited for you and I love there cookies

• I Am Baker Logo

Brand new recipes that people find kinda acceptable.

INTRODUCING...