There is a reason I can say that. These cookies are adapted from the New York Times BEST Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. With a few simple modifications, the recipe turned into a Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookie!
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 c 6 ounces good quality semi-sweet chocolate, chopped finely
- 2 c semi-sweet chocolate chopped (chips are fine)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 heaping cup 8 ounces granulated
- 1 1/4 c 10 ounces light brown sugar
- 2 1/2 sticks 1 1/4 cups unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tsp. coarse salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 2/3 c 8 1/2 ounces bread flour
- 2 c cake flour
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 c white chocolate chips
- Place 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate finely chopped (or chips) in microwave safe measuring cup and add in 2 tablespoons butter. Heat for 45 seconds, then remove and stir. If chocolate is not all melted, return to microwave for 10 second increments until fully melted.
- Sift flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a bowl and set aside.
- Using a mixer with a paddle attachment, cream room temperature butter and sugars until light and fluffy – about 5 minutes. Add eggs one at a time.
- Slowly add in melted (and slightly cooled) chocolate and vanilla.
- With mixer on low speed, add dry ingredients slowly, mixing until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate dough for 24-36 hours. (Do not skip this step!)
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350. (325 convection)
- Drop spoonfuls of dough onto baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Do not over bake. Slightly gooey centers is the best way to eat!
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.
Well, its actually a chocolate, chocolate, white chocolate chip cookie, but that is just a bit redundant don’t you think?
To which my husband would say, “No. It is an accurate representation of the ingredients, redundant is excessive use of, or not useful.”
To which I say, “Shut up. No cookies for you.”
Then he takes one anyway and smacks me on the behind.
Then I punch him in the arm.
We loved all the different layers of flavor in these cookies.
One thing I recommend: DO NOT SKIP THE REFRIGERATION TIME! I know it adds a day to the process, but it is worth it. Also, the dough is yummy so you can snack on that if you are insanely patient like me.
Don’t skip the salt either. It really makes a difference.
Hope you enjoy these!