Blueberry Cheesecake with an amazing shortbread crust is the perfect way to enjoy a warm day! And, it can be made even more amazing by using homemade shortbread cookies as the crust!
I loved developing this recipe almost as much as I loved eating it. If you happen to love blueberries as much as I do, you will flip for these amazing and unique flavor combination!
A traditional graham cracker crust would work here too! I also like the idea of an Oreo crust. Chocolate and blueberries are a match made in heaven!
Recipe adapted from today.com.
I love that so many of the items needed for this recipe were on sale. I also love that the sale included so many “fresh” items!
This cheesecake is for the blueberry lover. It is slightly bitter due to the small amount of sugar and the lemon-blueberry combination. The addition of the chocolate drizzle is essential!
Blueberry Cheesecake with Shortbread Crust
- 2 tbsp. butter melted
- whipped cream
- zest and juice of one lemon
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1/3 c milk
- 1 1/2 pt blueberries fresh or frozen and thawed
- 3/4 c sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 lb 16 ounces or 2 packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 c flour
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 1 c shortbread crumbs
- chocolate sauce
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare (spray, grease, parchment, butter, etc.) a 9-inch springform pan.
- Mix up finely ground shortbread crumbs with 2 tablespoons melted butter. Press into the bottom of the springform pan.
- In a stand mixer fit with paddle attachment, combine cream cheese and sugar until smooth, about 3 minutes on medium-high. With mixer on low, add in milk and then eggs, one at a time.
- Add in sour cream, flour and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Remove bowl from stand mixer.
- In a food processor, puree blueberries with lemon zest and juice. Pour puree into cream cheese mixture and stir by hand until incorporated.
- Pour blueberry cheesecake filling onto prepared shortbread crust and bake for 50 minutes to one hour, or until the topping is set.
- Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve, at least 4 hours.
- Cover with whipped cream and chocolate sauce.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.