Try it once and you will be hooked… these Chocolate Covered Potato Chip Blondies are the perfect combination of salty and sweet. If you are looking for a more classic Blondie Recipe, check this out!
Try it once and you will be hooked… these Chocolate Covered Potato Chip Blondies are the perfect combination of salty and sweet.
- 1/2 cup ( stick or 113g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 5 cups miniature marshmallows
- 5 cups crushed potato chips with ridges
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13 pans with foil leaving some hanging over edges. Spray with non-stick bakers spray.
In he bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the salt, vanilla, eggs, and mix until well incorporated.
- Add in baking powder and flour until just combined.
- Spread batter evenly into the prepared pan. (I found it was easiest to use my hands.)
- Bake on center rack for 24 minutes or until inserted toothpick is removed clean. Allow to cool completely.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and marshmallows completely.
Turn off the heat and stir in the potato chips until completely coated. Immediately pour filling over cooled blondies. Gently press into an even layer.
Place chocolate into a microwave safe bowl (glass works well) and heat for 30 seconds. Stir. Continue melting in 30 second increments until chocolate is melted and smooth.
Pour over marshmallow filling and spread as evenly as possible. (I gently tapped my pan against the counter to level)
- Allow chocolate to set before cutting into blondies
I often test out new recipes on Instagram before sharing them on my blog. I love my Instagram friends and love their brutal honesty when it comes to new things.
Fully expecting there to be a significant backlash for these out-of-the-ordinary blondies, I prepared for the worst.
But the opposite happened… people loved them.
Truth be told… her bars are a bit tamer than mine. She packed all the delicious goodness inside the bar… but I could not resist a ridiculous pile of marshmallows, potato chips and chocolate sauce drizzled over the top!
Either way, you make them, they will be amazing. Trust me.
Tips for Loaded Blondies
If you want to add the marshmallows and potato chips to the top as I have, just make sure you reserve a bit. I used a chocolate sauce (like Hershey’s) for the top.
The second time I made these (which was within 24 hours… they are that addictive) I drizzled the chocolate over top with a spoon then added more crushed potato chips on top. If you are a rebel you can use a really fun variety of potato chip… like salt and pepper or vinegar!