There are so many wonderful and decadent and over-the-top amazing cookie recipes out there I can sometimes get a bit overwhelmed! I love things stuffed in things and layers and layers of chocolate and caramel and candy bars finely chopped and dumped into anything.
But I also love simple. And elegant. And perfect. These Cinnamon Butter Cookies are just that!
These Cinnamon Butter Cookies may seem simple, but they are far from it. The sweet buttery flakiness paired with a subtle cinnamon kick is a delectable combination
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in medium bowl and set aside. Beat butter and sugar in stand mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Turn mixer to low and slowly add in egg and vanilla.
- With mixer still on low, gradually beat in flour mixture until well mixed.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place on prepared cookie sheets about 2 inches apart. Flatten with a fork. (Like as would a peanut butter cookie)
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. When cookies have cooled slightly, transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
Cinnamon Butter Cookies
These Cinnamon Butter Cookies may seem simple, but they are far from it. The sweet buttery flakiness paired with a subtle cinnamon kick is a delectable combination. Its the perfect addition to any cookie swap or holiday gathering!