Cocoa Puff Bars are a delicious, no-bake treat made with chocolate-flavored puff breakfast cereal, loaded with marshmallows, and butter. This three-ingredient recipe will satisfy your sweet tooth giving you a chocolatey taste with a crispy and chewy texture. Check out more of my No-Bake Desserts, too!
Ingredients & Substitutions
Cereal: You will need 6 cups of Cocoa Puffs™ or some sort of chocolate puff cereal for this recipe.
Marshmallows: This recipe calls for 10 cups of mini marshmallows. One 10-ounce bag of miniature marshmallows yields 6 cups, so you will need two bags. Or, make your own homemade marshmallows to use! If you only have regular-sized marshmallows, you will need about 77 marshmallows to equal 10 cups of mini.
Butter: Unsalted butter is the best choice when making these bars. Salted butter could affect the sweetness of the bars, making them too salty.
Can I Use a Different-Sized Pan?
Yes. To make these cocoa puff bars thick and substantial, I opted for an 8×8-inch baking dish. However, you can definitely use alternative pan sizes such as a 9×9-inch or a 9×13-inch dish. Keep in mind that if you choose a larger pan, your bars may not be as thick as they would be in the smaller pan due to the increased surface area.
How to Store Cocoa Puff Bars
Cocoa Puff Bars can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days. For longer storage, store the bars in the refrigerator for up to a week. Or, wrap the bars and freeze them for up to a few months (but they are best enjoyed within a month of freezing).
Cocoa Puff Bars
- Spray an 8×8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add 8 cups of marshmallows, frequently stirring until melted. Once melted, remove from heat.
- Using a clean rubber spatula, fold in the cocoa puff cereal. (I like to spray the spatula with nonstick spray to prevent sticking.) Stir until well-coated.
- Fold in the remaining marshmallows and transfer the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Press into an even layer.
- Allow the bars to cool to room temperature before cutting and serving.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.