You Can Decide My Fate With One Vote

filed under: Miscellaneous on February 10, 2010

Due to a last minute cancellation and/or lapse in the producers judgment, I was asked to go back on the Fox morning show on Feb. 21st for a short cooking segment.

I was so excited and honored and shocked and excited! Until I realized I had NO idea what to do!!!

So! I need to ask you a favor. Can you help me decide please?

Here are my thoughts.

The Ultimate Dessert

IMG_6417.cookie2

Sugar Cookies with Royal Icing (more of a tutorial)

IMG_4186.1

Coffee Sugar Cookies

IMG_5321.cookies

Something Brand New

Questionmark

Dont Bake. Try to Challenge Myself and Actually Cook Something. (aaahhhhhhh!)

IMG_1907.chickparm-2

So, think you can help? Here goes.

Click Here for PollOnline Survey
Enterprise Feedback Management
| Website Polls
| Email Marketing

| Crowdsourcing Software
View MicroPoll

Comments

• Kristin says:

Anything would be wonderful, but I certainly wouldn’t try anything new or attempt cooking because why mess with what you already do best?! (I voted, too.)

• Crystal says:

Hmmm, Manda, it depends on how much time you have….too bad it’s not before Valentine’s Day, you could demonstrate your heart cake. Maybe you can do your faith cake. What other holidays are coming up? St. Patty’s…but that’s kind of too far from Feb. 21st…you could do something spring-y…

• jami says:

I think your sugar cookies are beautiful, but do you think it will be easy to demo on TV (the motions are so small)? Making the Ultimate Dessert might give you more to do with your hands and/or something interactive for the hosts to help with. (I, of course, have never cooked on TV, so this great expertise comes from watching the contestants on Next Food Network Star!)

• Amalia Standard says:

I would love to see a tutorial on royal icing, because your cookies are so beautiful…

• MinnesotaJoZ says:

So exciting! I’m very happy that so many other people are learning what I’ve known all along…YOU ARE AWESOME.
    *HUGS*

• janis says:

I have to agree with Jami – I love the sugar cookies but not sure how that will show up on camera. The ultimate dessert will have everyone drooling!!!!

• Jennifer says:

CONGRATULATIONS!! That’s awesome news! I’m not much help with which you should choose…they’re all great! I think that I’m leaning towards the ultimate dessert because it just looks so yummy 🙂 Did they give you any guidelines at all??

• Pam (cakegirl) says:

definately the dessert. nice and big, doesn’t look too daunting (maybe those at home will give it a shot?)
    wish we got that channel here! you should post it on utube!

• Sara says:

I would love to see the sugar cookies because the royal icing is so beautiful (what kind of food dye do you use btw?) and I think it could reach a lot of people. Another good idea would to do the oreo cakesters petit fours. But definitely not the cooking, because after all they have asked you on because of your baking skills, not cooking skills.

• Sarah says:

I love all the things you bake, really! At first I was going to vote for the sugar cookies but also wondered how that would show up on camera. I tried to imagine myself watching and that’s why I changed my mind. I don’t think the camera would do them justice! So I voted for #1, I think that will really be a hit!
    Or something new, but that’s sooo risky, I think anyway! 🙂

• Allison says:

I voted for “The Ultimate Dessert,” however I’d LOVE to see a tutorial on your sugar cookies!!!!!!!!!! I want to try them, but I know mine would not look ANYTHING like yours – and YOURS look AWESOME! Mine would probably look like my icing bag spat up…

• Kirsten says:

I love the sugar cookies, and I’m sure lots and lots of people would LOVE to know how to make/decorate those little works of art!

• DeAnna says:

What about the rainbow pancakes? ‘WINK’
    Sorry could not help it!

• ElizaBeth says:

Whatever you choose- I’m certain it will be wonderful!! Don’t forget to post a link for us groupies!

• Amanda Rettke says:

LOL Oh my gosh I am doubled over laughing… hilarious!!! Thanks for the laugh!

• Amanda Rettke says:

Great point Sara!!

• Kate says:

Stick with what you know the first time out is my advice.
    You are going to be so great. SO.GREAT!

• Londa says:

Congratulations! You ARE a natural Miss Personality in front of that camera AND you bring them treats…it’s a win win situation! Can’t wait to watch!

• Ashley says:

I’ve always wanted to learn about how to use royal icing, I’m sure there are others out there like me!

• Andrea Antoline says:

I voted for the sugar cookies because most people can make those and the icing allows you to be creative!
    I made the coffee sugar cookies this past weekend and all the girls at work loved them. Thanks for posting the recipes as well as the scrumptious pictures!!!

• Mandi says:

ooooh how exciting!!!
    I was GOING to vote for the sugar cookies, but I thought the perfect desert looked more TV fancy/friendly. So really, I think you could do either and be great 🙂

• Michelle Andrews says:

Amanda,
    You have an amazing talent, and I see so many posts/comments from people about your sugar cookies with Royal Icing so I think you should go with those. Not many can pull it off as well as you do, but most would love to learn how, and you are the right person to show/teach this.
    Good luck!
    Michelle

• Kara Carlson says:

The Ultimate dessert would be less frightening to me to make so I might actually try it. You might also want to do a homemade version and a store bought version (aka store bought cookies, store bought frosting or whipped cream like you said in the recipe) and then metled hot fudge (like you did). But that would entail buying lots of types of cookies and frosting and tasting all the combinations *sigh* I wish I could be there to help 🙂
    Keep us posted when it airs!
    Kara C.

• Hélène says:

I voted for the ultimate dessert. Good luck.

• Darla says:

I’m going with sugar cookies but whatever you do will be amazing!