Cross Cupcakes

filed under: Cupcakes on April 24, 2011

They are easy, have a big impact, and are absolutely heavenly.

IMG_8230.cupcakes

If I could just translate every major lesson my kids need to learn into an easy and simplified cake version my life would beย  much less complicated.

And everyone I know would weigh 300 lbs.

Maybe I will have to re-think my “Life Lessons in Cake” theory.

To make these Cross Cupcakes:

1 batch Chocolate Cupcakes

Melt some chocolate in a baggie or piping bag, and pipe out a few crosses onto a piece of wax paper or parchment.

Let them harden for a few minutes in the freezer or half hour on the counter.

Spread thin layer of chocolate frosting on cupcake, then dip into a bowl of heath chips.

Insert chocolate cross into cupcake.

You may need to go back in and add some extra Heath chips.

Enjoy.

IMG_8239.cupcake

And I do hope that you do.

Comments

• Amy's blah, blah, blog says:

What a lovely, and yummy, way to share the gospel! Happy Easter Amanda!

• Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles says:

A beautiful cupcake. He is risen! Happy Easter to you & your family, Amanda.

• Becky Naylor says:

Beautiful cupcakes! I wish I had seen these earlier too! I guess you are just a little busy these days? ๐Ÿ™‚ Ill make them next year! Thank you for sharing…everything! I love your blog.

• Jenny says:

These are so simple, yet so meaningful. I love them. I’ll have to store this idea away for another time.

• Emmy says:

LOVE these.

• Candice says:

wonderful idea! Hope you and your family had a fantastic Easter!

• Lisa says:

The three crosses together and done in such an understated way really moved me. This was quite special. You blessed everyone who saw this. Lisa

• Smithfamilyromance.blogspot.com says:

“I am so happy that there is a way to share the message of the cross with my kids… in sugar.”
    Beautiful! Praise God – Christ is risen! ๐Ÿ˜€

• Kristen says:

Beautiful, Amanda.
    And you crack me up… I’m sure the UPS man was quite thrilled ๐Ÿ˜‰

• grace says:

i’m sure the ups man has been affronted with many worse things. lovely easter treat!

• trish says:

Heavenly!!!

• Amanda Wright says:

I love everything you do! I just kinda stumbled up on your blog. And it is a new favorite I must admit! Your work makes me smile and has inspired me to take one step further in my own cake decor skills โ™ฅ You can appreciate some of my stuff at http://www.amandacupcake.blogspot.com
    I’ll be sure to keep up with you! You are amazing!

• Jana says:

Love love love!!
    Beautiful way to honor Christ!!

• bridget {bake at 350} says:

Girl…HOW did I miss these?!?! They are so special and perfect…and really yummy looking! What a perfect idea for Easter!

• Venus says:

I love these! I will be making these for my church family.

• Kelly says:

I think it’s disgusting for someone who would be called a Christian to trivialize their Savior’s death. I mean, the point of Christ’s choice to die for everyone is that it was a difficult thing. He was a man, he had five senses and felt fear. The hill where those three crosses stood was a filthy and horrible place. You all should really think this through.

• Shazlyn says:

Awsome cupcakes! I am excited to make them to take to church. We are Nazarene and our church symbol is the 3 crosses! They will be perfect. Thanks for the great idea!!!!

• Shara says:

Hi Amanda!

I love that I found this on pinterest! Perfect! I thought the crosses were chocolate covered pretzels…piped frosting = easier! Happy Easter!

• Mary Hall says:

Love the cupcakes, but love your “blog” about them even more. Your sense of humor is wonderful. Hope you are having a great day. Thanks for making me smile! I will be making these cupcakes for my church!

• Fran says:

Where did you get the cupcake wrappers from?

• Amanda says:

I made them! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Hollie says:

Can you share how you made them? I’m planning on making these this weekend. Thanks!

• Diane says:

Your cupcakes are just adorable, thank you for sharing.

• Amanda says:

I have been surfing the net for “Resurrection” cupcakes for days now for my daughter’s Easter party at school. I found the cadbury egg cupcake and then, FINALLY, I came across these! I plan on combining the two ideas into one, completing the story of Christ’s death on the cross and resurrection from the grave. I am SO excited! I am going to add the words “He is RISEN” either to the wrapper or I’ll make a banner. Excellent inspiration Amanda–and so easy too! YEA!

• Amanda says:

What a great idea! I am sure they are going to be a huge hit! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Amber says:

So excited to try these! I have been searching for Easter crafts that are not Easter eggs or bunnies. Although they are fun to play around with, they don’t teach the children of today the real reason that we celebrate Easter!
    Thanks for your postings!

• Amanda says:

You are welcome Amber! Many blessings to you!

• Val says:

These are awesome! I am going to make them to take to my sister’s house on Sunday. I’m not very good with chocolate, though. What kind did you use to melt down and pipe the crosses?

God bless and Happy Easter!

• Amanda says:

I think I used Hershey chocolate chips! ๐Ÿ™‚ Happy Easter to you and yours!

• Darin says:

My crosses aren’t staying set, anyone else have this problem. I was making them to send to Sunday school class. They have set, but when I put them in the cooled cupcake they collapse. Wonder if I didn’t make them thick enough? Help…