Dear Santa…

filed under: Miscellaneous on December 10, 2009

IMG_3739.cookie

IMG_3759.christmascookies

I've been baking.

IMG_3761.cookies

These are for a bake sale. One of the gals in my Bible study is running it. When she asked us if we would donate she had no idea what she was getting herself into.

I think I made four dozen.

I lost count.

IMG_3766.cookies

These were huge! But ended up being some of my favorite. I got a little burnt out on red and green so I added baby blue.

IMG_3793.cookies

IMG_3795.christmascookies

IMG_3821.cookies

IMG_3825.cookies

IMG_3830.cookieszoom

I used royal icing in addition to my own recipe for icing. The jury is still out.

IMG_3832.cookies

IMG_3839.cookies
I loved how these turned out… I tried a new technique (and anytime I say new technique I mean new to me) and painted on gold glitter dust.

IMG_3751.cookies

IMG_3852.cookies

IMG_3865.cookies

Merry Christmas to you!

***

I used this recipe for the cookies.

And this recipe and this recipe for the frosting.

Your email address will not be published.

Comments

• Stephanie says:

Those are awesome. Makes me wanna bake! Too bad the kitchen is already clean and I am so tired I can barely see straight! Thanks for sharing your super fun creations. 🙂

• Holly Neaton says:

Love them! God bless – Holly

• Katie@ The Baby Factory says:

Oh Amanda…….I’m dropping by via Jamie @ Six Bricks High….and I have to say, I am absolutely in awe. And jealous. Do you wanna drop by Iowa sometime and teach me your skillz?! You are amazing, lady!
    Adding you to my reader.

• Amanda Rettke says:

Thanks so much! You are too sweet!! I will totally look you up next time I am in Iowa!! Many blessings-
    Amanda

• Liz says:

Dang, woman! You are talented!! So much attention to detail. I hyperventilate just thinking about having to be that precises on ALL those cookies!

• Nancy says:

These cookies look beautiful. How long will they last? (under lock, key and threat of death). Also looking forward to making your Faithcake. Can you tell me how many it serves?

• Lisa says:

You are so amazingly talented, it takes my breath away. Gorgeous. Delicious. Wish I could attend that bake sale. 🙂
    Lisa

• stacy Ness says:

Your making me drool…But I like it:) Those look so good.
    Hope to see you this weekend maybe 🙂
    Stacy
    PS you can always bring some cookies along 🙂

• Kari says:

Yummy! They are beautiful, delicious looking… You’re amazing!
    How long does it take you to frost each cookie? You must spend hours in the kitchen each day!
    Blessings,
    Kari

• Sarah says:

Seriously, these are simply stunning! And I LOVE the messages on them!

• Amanda says:

Beautiful! They look delish!

• Amanda Rettke says:

Thank you so much Lisa… I could say the same about you!!!

• Amanda Sikes says:

Again, amazing job. I am hoping, once our homeschooling is done for Christmas break to have time to bake more. I can’t wait to try some of these ideas as a starting point. Thanks for sharing.

• Jessica @ How Sweet It Is says:

I love the rectangle shaped cookies! That is so creative with the writing on them – you could make a business our of those as favors, etc. I can’t believe you just started this baking blog recently. Your creations and photos are some of the best I have seen!

• abby says:

Those are amazing!! That one asking if Santa is frends with Jesus is awesome. 🙂 You’ve got some great talent and I love checking out your new ideas.
    Thanks for inspiring me to bake some more cookies and decorate!

• Londa says:

More amazing cookies, Amanda! You are so talented and creative! Your cookies make me excited for Christmas…not that mine will look like yours, but we’re giving it a try at least!

• Army Mom says:

As usual, your cookies are beautiful! I have just copied your recipe from Tasty Kitchen so that I may bake them this weekend!
    Thanks for everything!
    Janet

• Pam says:

The cookies are a hit. They are absolutely beautiful. You are right. I thought you’d donate a dozen not four. Thanks for blessing the school.

• Jamie @ Six Bricks High says:

Amazing! Love the rectangle cookies. Love them all actually!

• Rachel Watters says:

Now, those are some good looking cookies!
    I think the blue was a great idea.
    Hope the bake sale was a success!

• Susan says:

Cute! You could totally use the rectangular ones as Christmas cards :).

• ElizaBeth says:

I think I may “run away” to your house…. but don’t tell my kids… Those cookies are wonderful…

• Amy says:

I just made the cookie recipe and I’m amazed I actually had any left to put in the fridge to chill…that stuff is addicting! I ran out of vanilla so I just used more almond extract and it is still totally out of this world. Can’t wait to try your techniques for decorating! 🙂

• Amanda Rettke says:

I have a square cookie cutter and I cut out the rectangle ones… I have a couple squares actually and have found the better quality you get the easier to use..the flimsy ones tend to lose the square shape quickly!!
    Have fun!

• Liz says:

This might be a really dumb question but do you have cookie cutters in the shape of a rectangle and square or do you just cut them free-hand? Just wondering if I need to make a trip to the nearest cooking and baking store! 🙂

• I Am Baker Logo

Brand new recipes that people find kinda acceptable.

INTRODUCING...