Indulging in a fantastic, decadent, and delicious Chocolate Donut Shake is one of my favorite treats!
I made some mini donut muffins recently, but we were not able to eat them all in the first couple days. As much as I still enjoy the flavor of a 2-day old donut, I do not enjoy the texture. This is the perfect way to enjoy them!
To make this shake you will need:
old chocolate donuts, donut holes, or donut muffins
chocolate ice cream
blender or food processor
whipped cream (from scratch or Cool Whip)
- 2 chocolate donuts or 6 donut holes
- 3 cup chocolate ice cream
- 1.5 cup milk
- 0.5 cup whipped cream
- hot fudge for drizzling
- Cut up donuts into bite size pieces. Take 1/2 the donut pieces and place in blender. To that add ice cream and milk. Mix on high until fully combined.
- Pour into 12-ounce glass and top with whipped cream. Drop a handful of chopped donut on top of the whipped cream. Drizzle with warm hot fudge.
- Serve immediately. Makes two 12-ounce glasses.
Recipe adapted from Chocolate Donut Milkshake by Shugary Sweets.
Donuts can definitely be glaze covered or have embellishment like sprinkles.
I used chocolate donuts, chocolate ice cream, chocolate hot fudge in this recipe, but you can certainly use vanilla flavors.
This works best with 1 or 2-day old donuts, as fresh donuts will be quite moist and not blend as well.
I can’t imagine are more indulgent or decadent treat!
A Chocolate Donut Shake sure is a fun way to bring in a New Year!