Making cake into a loaf is a form of mind trickery for me.
All the chocolate!! An easy and delicious chocolate loaf cake is great for everyday treats!
- 1 2/3 cups (200g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125ml) coffee, warm
- pinch salt
- 1/3 cup (80ml) sour cream, room temperature
- 1 tbsp. McCormick® vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 3/4 cups (1 1/2 sticks or 169g) butter room temperature
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/3 cups (275g) sugar
- 1/2 cup (50g) cocoa
- 1 cup (175g) semisweet morsels
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
In the bowl of your food processor, add in flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda, butter, eggs, vanilla, sour cream, and salt.
- Turn on food processor to low and run for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn off and scrape down sides. Replace lid and turn on low again.
Pour warm coffee down the funnel while batter is mixing. Allow to mix for 30 more seconds or until fully incorporated.
- Turn processor off and remove blade.
- Add in morsels and stir until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan, approximately 9x4 inches.
Bake cake for 55-60 minutes, or until the chocolate loaf cake has risen and split down the middle and an inserted toothpick is removed clean.
Allow to cool on a cooling rack for five minutes.
Carefully remove cake from loaf pan (while it is still warm) and drizzle with chocolate syrup or ganache or flavor of choice. (or plain!)
Cut into slices and serve.
I have always associated a ‘loaf’ as somewhat healthy, not awesomely rich and sweet. Like banana or zucchini bread.
So after I had made this cake, even knowing every wonderful ingredient I had put into it, I still saw that same only loaf in my mind. I treated it like it was a run-of-the-mill bread.
This is not a run-of-the-mill loaf. It is a full on CAKE. A wonderful and delicious chocolate loaf cake.
Which I am sure the average person is able to determine in a matter of seconds as is not weird like me.
This is a chocolate loaf cake that you should immediately serve and cover in gobs of chocolate syrup or ganache. Or a fruit spread. or ice cream. Whatever you do, just make this and let that decadent glorious chocolate richness just melt in your mouth.
You wont be sorry. 😉