They Actually Let Me In The Building

filed under: Miscellaneous on December 28, 2009

I'm so excited to share with you the 'behind the scenes' of my interview and cooking segment on Fox 9.  I have never been in a television studio and it was just as exciting as you would expect!

Well.  If you are a stay at home mom who doesnt get out much and is easily impressed.

IMG_4606.tvshow

When I arrived I walked into the studio where Karen Scullin was live reporting the news.  She was great!

IMG_4611.tvshow

I'm sorry these are so blurry… the sweet gal offered to take a
picture and I forgot to tell her how to use my camera… so you can see
that wall behind Karen is crystal clear! ๐Ÿ˜‰

I sat down almost immediately and had my interview… I had no idea what it was about until about 27 seconds before it began.

IMG_4608.crop
This was my new best friend Dana's spot…she got me my microphone and told me to relax (I think she could sense my nervousness) and that it would all be just fine!

After the interview we went over to the 'kitchen' and I got all set up!

IMG_4612.tvshow

IMG_4620.tvshow

Very nice and helpful Ricky took this picture before we started.  (There is the Rainbow cake I forgot to get a picture of!)  The kids and DH were in the studio the whole time and were little angels!!  Having them there meant so much to me!

IMG_4631.tvshow

Here is Karen and I during the actual taping… Ricky had told me to pretend I was standing in my kitchen talking to my best friend about cooking.  So, thats what I did!

IMG_4634.tvshow

Sorry this is so blurry and that I have alien eyes, but I was so happy when it was all over I was even willing to post for the camera!

So if you feel so inclined, go ahead and check out the segment here…and if you want to see all of the things I baked stop by i am baker.

And thanks for all the encouragement and support!  You guys are AMAZING!!

Comments

• Bethany says:

EEEKKKK! I’m so excited for you. I’m no longer reading your list of bloggy stuff- it’s all lies! ๐Ÿ™‚ You are doing it all, and doing it right!
    Anyways, you look gorgeous, your kids (and hubby) are awesome, and I’m just so excited for you. Hugs, sweet lady.

• ClassiclyAmber says:

This is so cool! Did they just find your blog and beg you to come on the show for some fun bakin’ times? How awesome is that? Now I’m off to your other site to see the tasties you made for ’em! =-D
    BTW, I thought you looked great, too! And you’re back home now, right? So stop being nervous!!

• MommyTopics.com says:

Wow! This was such an awesome post! What a neat experience!!! Congratulations. I’m sure there will be more of this to come. You looked beautiful.. I love the scarf… I never could have worn such a thing… I would have been sweating bullets already from nervousness and then the scarf would have made it worse. You look completely at ease in the pictures. Do we get to see any video?

• Genny says:

Yay, yay, yay for you! I am so happy for you. Such an exciting thing. I only wish I could’ve watched it!

• Kari says:

CONGRATS! Can I have your autograph? LOL. You look great. I don’t think I’d seen a picture of you with your huband and kids.
    Keep at it… you do great work! Can’t wait to see what God does in you and through you. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Jamie @ Six Bricks High says:

WOOHOO!!! This is so exciting! You are so adorable! I bet your hubby is so proud.

• Mommy Cracked says:

Oh wow!!! How cool! I know that was so much fun! Thanks for sharing it with us!

• Cop Mama says:

That is so cool! Ok, maybe 30 people before me already said that, but seriously, HOW AWESOME!!!
    I can’t wait for the link. Call your new peeps up at Fox 9 and have them get on that…he he he.

• darcie says:

I caught you on tv purely by accident – but you were amazing! I still don’t know how on earth you do it all – but you do, and sooo well!
    Congrats – I bet this is the first of many of great things to come!

• Margaret says:

What am I missing?? You just suddenly end up on TV? I want details!!!
    You looked great, by the way!

• Katie says:

That’s so awesome! You look great on TV!

• Annmarie says:

Hi Amanda, I just read your little note on my blog (lifewithmultiples.blogspot.com). Ouch-so sorry to not give you credit. My brain is very very altered since I’ve been raising three wee ones. YOUR cake was to die for and somewhere on my blog mid October there is a picture of it. My mom used to bake wedding cakes and attempted it. She was horrified that it started leaning and went out and bought one. I said, nonsense, it’s the most beautiful cake ever. And it did taste scrumptious. We never ate the store bought cake. So thanks for sharing Amanda! YOUR cake was awesome and I will give credit where it’s due. Thanks for the blog picture love. I am completely obsessed with photography lately. Now, I want to take some time and read through your blog. Nighty night! Annmarie

• Michelle M says:

That is AMAZING! You are awesome!

• debbie says:

I am so happy for you. You looked great. I would have been a nervous wreck!

• Dea says:

Wow!!! Thats awesome!! Your becoming a celebrity! hahaha. That is just so cool I dont even know what to say! Congrats! Cant wait to view it!

• Londa says:

Tonight, our family met up with Abby’s family for a little coffee & treats…and a little chatting about how awesomely talented and cool “I am Mommy” and “I am Baker” are!!! Congratulations on being featured on TV! That is so exciting! Thanks for sharing all your talents with us!

• shayla says:

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    that must have been amazing!!!! I am super excited for you! You look just gorgeous and I know the experience will be a lovely event to talk about for years to come ๐Ÿ™‚

• Janmary N Ireland says:

Congrats to you – you look great. I think having my kids in the studio would have made me MORE nervous – waiting for them to interrupt or for my sonto unplug the cameras of lights!!!
    So proud of you – hugs!

• Amber Hurd says:

That is awesome, it seems quite exciting to me and you looked great on camera. I liked your outfit:)

• Katie says:

There is an award waiting for you on my blog.
    -Katie

• abby says:

That is so awesome-way to go! And you looked completely adorable…I love that scarf.
    Those countdown cookies are such a cute idea.

• Julie in WA says:

Hi Amanda! I am so happy I could watch you alive on television. It is one thing to follow a one-dimension blog and quite another to see the blogger alive, moving, breathing, speaking! You did a marvelous job, no nerves…a natural!
    You know, I started to read your blog after reading a comment you made on PW. Now, I don’t usually read comments on blogs, but your comment caught me eye, and I have been hooked on you ever since. You are a woman of great quality–responsibly using your God-given gift of creativity…….and such a great mom too!

• Heaven says:

That is sooooooooo cool Amanda! Squeeling for you:) Looks like you had a blast. What an amazing experience. I have missed alot since I’ve been away:) Blessings! Heaven

• Karene says:

Hi Amanda!! You look beautiful!!! I am just so proud that I know you! Congratulations!

• Kristin Smith says:

Wow – I feel like I “know” a celebrity now! ๐Ÿ™‚ You looked amazing – love the scarf!! I am so excited for you…someone may be opening up their own bakery yet I think!! ๐Ÿ™‚ Congrats!!
    Blessings, Kristin