Fruity Pebbles Treats are soft and chewy no-bake bars made with mini marshmallows and a generous amount of colorful crispy rice cereal. With just a few simple ingredients and a quick and easy recipe, you can enjoy this bright twist on classic Rice Krispie Bars in no time!
Ingredients & Substitutions
Cereal: The multicolored Fruity Pebbles cereal makes this a fun and easy treat or snack to satisfy your sweet tooth! Of course, you could substitute regular rice cereal, or use a combination of the two to still get a little bit of color.
Marshmallows: This recipe calls for 10 cups of mini marshmallows. One 10-ounce bag of miniature marshmallows yields 6 cups, so you will need two bags. Or, make your own homemade marshmallows to use! If you only have regular-sized marshmallows, you will need about 77 marshmallows to equal 10 cups of mini.
Butter: Unsalted butter is the best choice when making these bars. Salted butter could affect the sweetness of the bars, making them too salty.
Can I Use a Different Sized Pan?
Certainly! If you prefer thicker Rice Krispie bars, you can use an 8×8-inch pan (as I did in this recipe). However, if you prefer thinner bars or want to make more of them at once, you can use a 9×9-inch or 9×13-inch baking dish. It’s important to note that the larger the pan you use, the thinner the bars will be, as the mixture will be spread out over a greater surface area.
How to Store Fruity Pebbles Treats
There are a few ways to store these treats. Here are a few options:
- Room Temperature: The bars will last 3-4 days when stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
- To Refrigerate: Store the cooled bars in an airtight container for up to a week in the refrigerator.
- To Freeze: After letting the bars cool completely, wrap them in plastic wrap with another layer of aluminum foil. Store them in a freezer-safe container for 3-4 months (although best enjoyed within a month of freezing).
Fruity Pebbles Treats
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 10 cups (500 g) mini marshmallows, divided
- 6 cups (216 g) Fruity Pebbles cereal
- Spray an 8×8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add 8 cups of marshmallows, frequently stirring until melted. Once melted, remove from heat.
- Using a clean rubber spatula, fold in the Fruit Pebbles cereal. (I like to spray the spatula with nonstick spray to prevent sticking.) Stir until well-coated.
- Fold in the remaining marshmallows and transfer the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Press into an even layer.
- Allow the bars to cool to room temperature before cutting and serving.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.