Soft Rice Krispie Bars are the sweetest and softest Rice Krispie bars you will ever make because of one special ingredient and a lot of it! Try my other favorite Rice Krispie Bar recipe for another no-bake treat!
Soft Rice Krispie Bars
Yes, I know there are plenty of Rice Krispie recipes out there. However, the difference in this recipe is that I used an entire can of sweetened condensed milk. Yes, I said an entire 14-ounce can! The end result is a super sweet treat that stays super soft & gooey! And, if you feel motivated, make your own homemade marshmallows to use.
Sweetened Condensed Milk: If a little is good, a lot must be great, right? Well, in this case, it is. Many recipes use just 1/2 cup of sweetened condensed milk, but trust me, you want to use the whole can! Be sure to check the labels carefully when buying sweetened condensed milk. Do not use evaporated milk in this recipe.
Butter: I used unsalted butter, but you can absolutely use salted if that is what you have on hand.
Do I Have to Use the Entire Can of Sweetened Condensed Milk?
You don’t have to use the whole can; you GET to! Using the entire can makes the treat extra sweet and ooey-gooey and keeps them soft a little bit longer.
Can I Make Rice Krispie Bars in a Different Sized Pan?
Yes! I wanted the bars to be nice and thick, so I used an 8×8-inch baking dish. You could use a 9×9-inch dish or even a 9×13-inch baking dish. However, the bars will be quite a bit thinner.
Can I Freeze Soft Rice Krispie Bars?
Yes! Let the bars cool completely. Then, cut them into individual bars and wrap each in plastic wrap. Finally, store the wrapped bars in a freezer-safe bag for up to 3-4 months. Be sure to label and date the packaging.
Soft Rice Krispie Bars
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 bag (10 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups (174 g) rice cereal
- Spray an 8×8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add sweetened condensed milk and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring constantly to prevent burning.
- Add marshmallows, stirring frequently until melted.
- Remove the pot from heat and fold in the rice cereal with a clean rubber spatula (I like to spray the spatula with nonstick spray to prevent sticking). Stir until well coated.
- Transfer mixture into the prepared baking dish and press into an even layer.
- Allow the bars to cool to room temperature before cutting and serving.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.