We have all had them.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole oats
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate large bowl, cream together shortening, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Combine well.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Then add oats and stir by hand to combine.
- Use 1/4 cup and scoop onto cookie sheet, you should get about 6 per sheet.
- Bake for at least 8 minutes, but most likely will bake for 12 depending on your oven.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.
They are one of my all-time favorites. But they could be better right? 🙂
I love to tweak things in the search of the most fabulous wonderful yummy scrumptious cookie ever.
Start with a basic oatmeal cookie recipe.
(FYI this is the BEST basic oatmeal cookie recipe you will ever try hands down. HUGE flavor.)
To this add whatever you love!
I like to combine a 1/2 cup of rich and creamy organic peanut butter.
Then the really fun stuff.
And there is more.
I also had Heath chips.
And walnuts. (sometimes, and just for everyone else. *I* dont like nuts in cookies!)
And mini caramels.
These cookies are no fail. Add whatever YOU like!
You can also check here to get my SUPER easy version.
Have fun baking!