Have you ever wondered how to make Homemade Cake Flour??? I am sharing all the PRO baker secrets!
How to Make Homemade Cake Flour
To make a large batch:
6 cups all-purpose flour
12 tablespoons of cornstarch
- Measure out 5 1/4 cups (656g) of all-purpose flour.
- Now add 12 tablespoons (3/4 cup) of cornstarch.
- Sift 5-6 times and store or use as needed. (Don’t skip the sifting!)
You can use this is any recipe that calls for cake flour.
Are you measuring your flour correctly?
Try these tips to make sure that it’s perfect every time and that you don’t ever have a sunken cake again!
- Fluff up the flour with a fork or spoon.
- Use a spoon to add the flour into your dry-cup measure (the one that measures exactly a cup at the top)
- Scrape off the excess with the straight edge of a knife.
Professional bakers know that using CAKE FLOUR creates a beautiful crumb and a perfectly perfect cake.
See how I store my flour here… “How to Store Sugar“. I used the exact same container and method for all of my flours!!
Homemade Cake Flour
- 1 c flour
- 2 tbsp. corn starch
- Measure out one cup of AP flour.
- Remove two tablespoons flour from the cup.
- Add in two tablespoons of cornstarch.
- Sift together.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.
Try these other fabulous Homemade Recipes: