How to Melt Chocolate
Just in case clearer instruction is needed, here are some tips when melting chocolate in the microwave.
- You can use any type of chocolate you prefer, but keep a closer eye on white chocolate.
- You do not need to put it in a plastic bag, you can also melt it in a microwave-safe dish.
- If melting in a plastic bag, begin with 30-second intervals. After 30 seconds have passed, remove the bag and gently massage the chocolate, trying to locate and disperse hot spots.
- If melting in a microwave-safe dish, remove the bowl at 30-second intervals. Stir thoroughly. If the chocolate needs to melt more, remove the spoon and heat in 15-second intervals until you reach a ‘mostly’ melted state. Remove bowl and stir until all lumps dissolve and chocolate is smooth.
- The benefit to melting chocolate directly in a bag is that you can immediately begin piping it out.