I’ll Love You Forever

filed under: Miscellaneous on March 31, 2012

I have never, not even once…

read this book to my children…

And not sobbed.

In a good way.

Have you read Love You Forever by Robert Munsch?  If not, please drop everything and read it.  Its worth every single precious moment.

Better yet… read it to your baby.  Start when they are young and never stop.

And now I will stop being so bossy.

Comments

• Jo says:

I love your heart. <3

• Amanda says:

Right back at ya. 🙂

• monica says:

This was one of the first books I read when learning English as a kid. I’ve loved it since then. I finally bought it for my little girl and cried. I think every parent should read this to their kids.

• Amanda says:

What a wonderful testimony to the power of that book!! Thank you Monica!

• Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar says:

Aww I love this book! Such a nice story 🙂

• Amanda says:

I agree! Have a blessed day girl!

• Mariel T says:

Awww Robert Munsch lives in my home town. My husband has met him lots of times at work. He is my favourite children’s author. You can get a recordable version in case like me you cannot get through it without crying.

• Amanda says:

What a great suggestion Mariel!!! Thank you so much. I would love to meet Robert Munsch someday!

• Deepa says:

I need to get me one of those.

• Liz Moruzi says:

Your children will also LOVE his other books. They are hilarious and fun to read to them! My 13 year old daughter came across a stack of them in her room just this past week and had to read a few, laughing of course! Of course, she still could not part with them!

• Christine says:

Great book. I cried too. Totally did not expect that reading a children’s book.

• Amanda says:

Me either! Be blessed friend!

• janahn says:

I agree one of the best books ever! The only thing is my kids didn’t want me to read it because I would cry every time…

• Amanda says:

lol My kids get so annoyed with me too! lol

• Kelly says:

Love this book, too!
    My mother-in-law bought it and gave it to my husband when we had our first son.
    She wrote him a message on the inside cover.
    It was a special gift.

• Amanda says:

What a sweet gift! 🙂

• Caroline @ chocolate & carrots says:

My mom used to read this to us all the time. Now, it was the first book on my baby registry to read to my little one when he/she comes. 😀

• Amanda says:

Oh, that is so sweet!! *teary*

• Paula says:

I love Robert Munsch books (A Light In the Attic) is one of my favourites. I read (over and over) to my children the beautiful story Love You Forever. I now read it to my grandchildren 🙂

• Amanda says:

I had not heard of his other book Paula!! I am so going to get that and read it! 🙂 Blessings!

• Emily (New York) says:

Wow I love this book. My mother used to be read it to me when I was younger and I still sometimes think about it. We actually found it the other week on our book case and I read it again and starting sobbing! Such a beautiful book.

• Regan says:

My daughter just got a new book for her birthday. It’s called “Wherever you go, My love will find you” by Nancy Tillman. I swear it is the most loving, sweetest, most wonderful book I’ve ever read her. I cry every time! I read it to her as much as my emotions will allow and every time I get choked up. If you haven’t read it, please do!

• Laurel says:

Keep reading it to your kids, Amanda. I read it to my kids when they were little and when they grew up and had kids of their own, they sought out this book to read to their children. To this day, I say “I’ll love you forever” and then they’ll say “I’ll like you for always” and then we both say “As long as I’m living, my baby you’ll be.”

• Julie J. says:

My grown children and I do the same thing, Laurel!! The book was a gift to me so many years ago when my (32 year old) son was young. It’s the one children’s book of his that I didn’t give to him when he had his own boys. I still have it in my desk and whenever I come across it I just have to sit down, read it . . . and have a good cry! It’s so lovely to know that so many other moms, of all ages, have the same reaction! Julie J.

• The Lumberjack's Wife says:

I love reading with my kids. We have always really enjoyed Horton Hatches the Egg. And it may or may not have brought a tear to my eye upon numerous occasions. 🙂

• Cara says:

Oh my yes! And to make it worse my mom gave it to ME as a gift– talk about crying!

• Jenney says:

My aunt sent that book to me back when I was pregnant with Snug. That was quite awhile back now. I also tear up through it. However, the mom crawling into his window when he is an adult is a little creepy. My MIL would totally do that if she lived closer. And it would be creepy :o)

• Rachel says:

Hello Amanda-
    Hallmark has this as a recordable book. I thought about it, but I know I couldn’t read it and record it without tears. 🙂 Sending you hugs today. Rachel

• Amanda says:

What a brilliant idea!!! I should make hubby do it! 😉

• Rosa says:

I’ve read this book before becoming a mommy and it never made me tear up. Once I found out I was having my very first one on the way two years ago, I couldn’t stop crying whenever I looked at it. It was one of the first books to purchase for the nursery. And to this day, I make sure I read it to her every night. And now she is old enough to say “luv you” back!

And p.s. – you’re not being bossy when you’re right. 🙂

• Natalie @ Cooking for My Kids says:

You are such a beautiful, sweet mommy!

Gabriel’s 2nd grade teacher told me about this book last year. She had to quit reading it to her class because she cannot do it without crying. Yes, it is so sweet with such a wonderful, heartfelt message in it.

• Heather says:

I ‘sing’ this to my baby everynight. He finishes with me and says, “my baby you’ll be.”
    Love that book.

• Delaine says:

This is the best book ever. I read this every night to my girls and as they got older and I stopped reading I sang the song every night (even over the phone) but added a special verse for each child. It is something they still talk about. One of our most precious memories. Love it.

• Kathleen says:

I bought this book years ago at a book fair at my girls’ school. I sat down to read it to them, not realizing what I was getting into. All of a sudden I got so choked up while reading and my girls were so concerned about what was wrong. At their age, they just couldn’t understand how powerful this book is to a parent.

• Johnelle says:

I am a Grandmother (MaMa) to 15 and love this book. I try to give it to every new mother if I can find it! I still get teary! It’s okay, though!!!

• Jessica @ Muthering Heights says:

I love that book! It’s a wee bit strange when the mom pulls a B&E to rock her adult son…but my kids love it! They laugh like crazy at that part! 🙂

• Cindy says:

Agreed. Kinda weird, but such a sweet book.

• Christina @ Sweet Lavender Bake Shoppe says:

My favorite book ever.

• Cindy says:

Never, not once. Can’t even give a brief description of it without the lump in my throat. I gave it to my first son on his 18th birthday and made him read it to me. Poor guy. First kid gets so tortured, lol.

• Amanda says: