These perfectly gooey double chocolate brownies are paired with a dreamy pumpkin frosting and topped with peanut butter chocolate Rice Krispies!
What are Krispy Pumpkin Brownies?
They are a layer of decadent brownies, a creamy pumpkin frosting, and chocolate Rice Krispy treats layered on top of one another. There are bursts of flavor and varying textures and just plain fun!
How to Make Krispy Pumpkin Brownies
If you want to save time you can prepare the Rice Crispy Chocolate layer the day before. Just pour the rice kripsy mixture into a parchment-lined 9-inch square pan (or the same size pan you will be using for the brownies) and allow to set. When you are ready to assemble, simply remove rice Krispy mixture and place on top of frosted brownies.
I love everything about fall and especially all the pumpkin flavors! However, you can easily change out the pumpkin frosting for vanilla or more chocolate or even strawberry for a Neapolitan treat.
The pumpkin buttercream is totally addictive, so you may want to double to the recipe just to have some on hand. I used it on pancakes!
Krispy Pumpkin Brownies
- 1 box brownie mix, prepare brownies according to package instructions
- 1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
Rice Crispy Chocolate Layer
- 2 cups Chocolate Rice Krispy cereal
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/3 cups (8 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom only of 9-inch square pan with cooking spray. For easier cutting, line pan with parchment or foil.
- Make and bake brownies as directed on box. Cool completely.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat softened butter for 2 minutes.
- Add pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, pumpkin puree, and confectioners sugar until you reach your desired consistency. (I like to blend for 2-3 minutes on high for a light & airy frosting)
- When ready to assemble dessert, spread frosting over cooled brownies.
Rice Crispy Chocolate Layer
- In 1-quart saucepan, melt peanut butter and chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Pour cereal into saucepan, stirring until evenly coated.
- Spread over frosted brownies. Refrigerate 1 hour or until set before cutting.
- Store tightly covered at room temperature or in refrigerator.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.
I can say first hand these were truly delicious!! And beautiful for the holiday baking season too, packed with pumpkin-y goodness. It was fun “hopping” with you Amanda 🙂
Big puffy heart you!!! So glad you liked them! 🙂
I love the idea of a blog hop where you actually send a fellow blogger something you baked. These krispy pumpkin brownies look delicious!
Thanks so much Jen!
Yum! Who wouldn’t like to receive this in the mail? 🙂
It was delicious and yummy this recipe is great for Thanksgiving and Christmas thank you for sharing the recipe