Lemon Lush is a layered dessert with a pecan crust topped with a lemon cheesecake layer, lemon pudding, and finally, whipped topping and more pecans. Try my Lemon Cream Cheese Dump Cake for another favorite lemon dessert!
These dessert bars take lemon treats to a whole new level, literally. It starts with a pecan crust from my Piggy Pie Dessert. Then, I added a lemony cream cheese layer from my Lemon Mousse, followed by a layer of lemon pudding. Finally, I topped the bars with whipped topping and more pecans.
There are four parts to this dessert–the pecan crust, cream cheese layer, lemon pudding, and the topping.
Pecans: I added nuts to both the crust and the topping. You could use walnuts if you prefer.
Cream Cheese: Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature before making the cream cheese layer.
Pudding: Use 2 boxes of lemon instant pudding mix. And yes, you can definitely change out the flavor of the pudding!
Whipped Topping: You can use storebought whipped topping or make your own. If you make your own, make sure it gets to stiff peaks and that you keep it chilled at all times.
What is a Lush Dessert?
Lush desserts are generally layered desserts that are rich, creamy, and luscious! Lemon Lush is also known as lemon delight or lemon lasagna because of all the layers in it. You may have seen different flavors of this dessert from chocolate to pistachio, among others.
How to Store Lemon Lush
Store the layered dessert in the refrigerator, covered, for 3-4 days. You can also freeze this dessert. When ready to serve it, let it thaw in the refrigerator.
- ½ cup (1 stick, 113g) butter, melted
- 1½ cups (192g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (109g) chopped pecans
Cream Cheese Layer
- 12 ounces (340g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup (225g) confectioners' sugar
- 1 medium lemon, juiced (about ¼ cup)
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 cup (238g) whipped topping
- 2 boxes (3.4-ounces each) lemon instant pudding
- 3 cups (735g) whole milk
- 2 cups (576g) whipped topping
- ¼ cup (27g) chopped pecans, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine butter, flour, and chopped pecans. Using a fork, combine ingredients well. Then press into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, keeping an eye on it so the edges don't burn. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
Cream Cheese Layer
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with a hand mixer until it is light and fluffy (about 3 minutes).
- Add in the confectioners' sugar, lemon juice, and salt. Beat until everything is combined.
- Adding a little bit at a time, fold in the whipped topping.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the cooled crust. Place in the freezer while you prepare the lemon layer.
- In a large mixing bowl, add lemon pudding mix and milk. Use a hand mixer to beat until smooth and slightly thickened (about 2-4 minutes).
- Pour the pudding mixture over the cream cheese layer and carefully smooth it into an even layer. Place it in the refrigerator to chill for about 15 minutes.
- When ready, dollop whipped cream onto the layer of lemon pudding and carefully smooth it into an even layer.
- Top with pecans, for garnish.
- Place the dessert into the refrigerator to chill for 2 hours, up to overnight.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.