Mini Heart Cake {Surprise Inside Cake}

filed under: Miscellaneous on January 31, 2012

UPDATE: Tutorial here

Another year has come and gone.

Pin It

So many things have changed since I first posted my Rose Cake on this day last year.

had a baby.

Got a new job.

And have gotten to know some amazing people.

You guys.

Thanks for the support.  The laughter.  The challenges.  The inspiration.

I am so thankful that you are willing to share some of yourself here.

So today (Feb. 1st) , on my thirty-fifth birthday, I want you to know that

You are my gift.

Thank you!

If you like this cake, you can see many more like it in my new book, Surprise-Inside Cakes!  Almost all the cakes in my book have never been published before, so it’s all new tutorials and recipes!

Comments

• TidyMom says:

Thanks for linking up Amanda!! I featured your post in my wrap up http://tidymom.net/2012/super-bowl-party-food-2/

Have a great Sunday!

• Darla | Bakingdom says:

This. Is. The SWEETEST cake ever! I am in love. So much love. It’s just gorgeous!!!! Beautiful job, as always, Amanda!

Thank YOU for all of your amazing creations. I have been incredible inspired by you, as a baker and a blogger, and I appreciate your gift and the fact that you share it with us. Here’s to many more years of laughs and gorgeousness!

• Pat says:

This cake is stunning! I keep thinking each cake you share is the greatest…and there’s always another that takes my breath away. I hope your birthday was fabulous and that you were surrounded with love and laughter.

Thanks so much for all you give to us each day!

xo
    Pat

• Pat says:

P.S. Will there be a tutorial? The tiny hearts are precious ~

• angry stumbler says:

really hate stumbling upon “food blogs” that do not include recipes…

honestly, do you people do this just for empty compliments?

• Kattrinka says:

IF people like you had any manners or appreciation OR INITIATIVE you would have been able to FIND the tutorial!!!! But you had the ordacity to post an angry comment that exposes your ignorance.

This woman, Amanda, is SHARING her expertise with us all, be grateful.

• Sherry says:

I found you just yesterday and I have already read most of your posts! I have to say this now.. I LOVE YOU! Where have you been all my life! Hugs from Australia xoxoxoxox

• Kim says:

Happy Birthday! This cake is lovely! Do you think you will do a tutorial?

• Hope Anita Smith says:

Beautiful cake! How did you get the little red heart inside?!! Thank you for what you do and sharing it with others.

• Marisol says:

Belated happy birthday! I stumbled upon your blog through Pinterest and I feel so grateful since I have found a lovely blog with lots of inspiration and cakes made with love, time and patience. Thanks for sharing your creations with us.
    I do hope you post a tut on how to add the little heart I am so intrigued!!! Soft buttercream hugs from Valencia, Spain!

• Elsie says:

Happy Birthday! I have been silently following your blog for quite some time and am so amazed at how you can juggle running a family and your job and baking (and everything else) so successfully and gracefully. I am also so amazed at how you so unashamedly profess your religion as well. I’m so inspired by you and not just your baking. Have a very blessed and fulfilling year ahead!

• Shelly says:

I absolutely love the heart inside the cake! I hope you post a tutorial on this one. I would love to make something like this for Valentine’s Day.

• Possible Baker says:

Happy (belated) Birthday, Amanda!! Your cake is so cool! You have accomplished so much in 35 years. You are such a baking inspiration to me! I hope you enjoyed a huge piece of that cake to celebrate your birthday….or maybe a piece for every change you mentioned:)

Jessie @ Possible Baker

• amantino says:

Happy birthday dear and thanks for all your unique ideas you have shared with us.

• Mia says:

Why is my comment wretched???? I can have my opinion, can’t I…
    Wretched are you. Because you put on the blog only positive comments. That’s sad. You have to accept criticism as well.

• katie bailey says:

This cake is stunning! i’m anxiously awaiting a tutorial. i LOOOOOOVE your site. i feel like i’m constantly picking my jaw off the ground. i’m inspired by your originality and creativity. congradulations on all of the wonderful changes in your life!

TUTORIAL!!! 😉

• jen says:

This is beautiful! I’d love to know how you got the teeny tiny heart in there – it’s perfect 🙂

• Barbara says:

Happy Birthday, Amanda!

• Kathryn P. says:

Happy,Happy Birthday toooo youuuu!! Congratulations on all you have accompished! Your cake is beautiful, cute and sophisticated at the same time! You are brilliant! I’ve chatted with you before about my red-headed “babies”. My last one (of four) was born when I was thirty-five. He is sixteen and driving the vehicle he was born in (en route to the hospital). Anyway, I wish you manymore blessings and joy like you pass along to all of us. Your post was very touching.

• Kate says:

Happy birthday Amanda!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this cake!!!! PLEASE may we have a tutorial this weekend? Hope you’re enjoying your gorgeous new bundle xx

• bridget {bake at 350} says:

Oh, Amanda!!! That teeny, tiny ♥!!! Oh, it’s precious! I cannot wait for your BOOK!!! You are just a creative genius, my dear!

• Wenderly says:

Such a beautiful cake and such a beautiful heart, both in the cake and in you my dear.

• Elizabeth L in Apex, NC says:

This is fantastic! Love the icing outside – very effective but (hopefully) attainable to those of us not-yet skilled – and ADORE the tiny heart. So, so sweet.
    Happy belated birthday to one of my greatest inspirations!

• Renee - Kudos Kitchen says:

Your talent as a designer, baker, decorator, writer and photographer is exceptional. You continually leave me awestruck.

• Mary Walker says:

Happy birthday! What a beautiful cake. You are a beautiful lady!

I’m glad to see your still alive. So I guess there really is no such thing as death by chocolate? Good luck as you finish all the craziness!