My (Actual) Television Debut

filed under: Miscellaneous on January 4, 2010

Would you like to see how I did on TV??

Me too!!  And thanks to Trish VanPilsum
now you can!!  To make a long story short, I chatted with her a bit
today about how much fun doing the TV show was but how sad I was there
was no link.  And Trish magically made it happen within hours!!!  WOW!

THANK YOU Trish and the amazing staff at Fox 9!

Now just click HERE to see my little clip!

*Just a side note, it would be my hope from this to see everyone reach
out and share their talents.  Do you bake?  Do you knit or make cards
or parent really well?

Contact your local news or paper and tell
them!!  Just let someone know about you.  Share yourself with the
world!  If they will let me on TV, I have a feeling that they will let
anyone who wants to share their gifts!!

You can do it!

Comments

• Mandi says:

Oh YAY!!! I’ve checked back a few times hoping it was posted, so how FUN that it’s up now!! You did a great job, you didn’t look nervous at all – what a pro! Everything looked wonderful (of course)!

• Amanda says:

awesome! You did great!

• Michelle says:

You are as beautiful on TV as you are on your blog!

• carma says:

I love your giggle!! Well done…
    Trust me, I will NEVER be good enough at knitting, possibly making cards- but I’m not sure that anyone wants my parenting tips…What does that leave???? My only hope is to maybe get on one of those D-List reality shows 😀

• Ruth says:

How fun! You did a great job and didn’t look a bit nervous. Way to go for it!!

• Dea says:

YAY!! That was awesome, great job! It was certainly cool to watch and I am so happy for you- you and your talents certainly deserve it!

• jenney says:

Fantastic Amanda! What a neat opportunity! And really you look good too! I’d weigh 500 lbs if I did as much baking as you do, it all looks so yummy!
    OK, I know this is going to sound dumb, but I think all you guys over in MN have the EXACT same voice. Ok, so I’ve heard like 4 of you talk but still
    1)MckMama on her interviews
    2)The lady on Extreme Makeover, Home Edition that aired last night
    3) YOU
    4) The lady interviewing you (although her voice was slightly different)
    But the first 3…I couldn’t tell you apart if I was blindfolded to save my life!!!!
    Anyway, congratulations!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!

• He & Me + 3 says:

amanda,
    That was awesome. You are natural and you looked beautiful. Great job. Everything looked perfect too. WOW, my BBFF is a TV star! Woo hoo!

• He & Me + 3 says:

amanda,

• Kara says:

you da man… I mean WOman 😉

• Margaret says:

You did great! You looked so natural and at ease. Seriously….you should be proud!!
    ~M

• abby says:

You did such a great job!! Pretty sure you looked like a natural…are you sure it was your first time on tv?! 🙂

• debbie says:

You looked wonderful and did a great job! Woo hoo!

• Stephanie says:

You were absoulutely delightful on the video! Great job, everything looks so good and you seemed so calm. I would have been a nervous wreck.
    How Fun!

• Melanie says:

Loved it!! Somehow I missed that you were in MN where almost ALL of my family is! I grew up in Pine Island which is a small town aobut 15 mins. North of Rochester:)I try to go back at least once a year to visit but only after April due to the weather:)

• Amy says:

Awesome job, Amanda! It was so nice to finally get to see you in “real life”! lol…I am still contemplating doing my daughter’s first birthday cake as a rainbow cake…I can’t wait and it’s still 6 months away!! 🙂
    Keep up your fantastic writing and pictures, girl!

• Janis says:

Yay! I’m glad you got it! 🙂
    Can I delete my DVR or did you still want to try and get a copy? 🙂
    Have a great week! Can’t wait to hear about your class this weekend!

• Darla says:

I’m so impressed!!!! You did a great job and I love the scarf! You were so natural.
    I was in Minneapolis (Anoka) from the 24th to the 31st. Watched Channel 9 every day.
    Congrats on your debut!

• Mariëlle says:

Great job! I realy like it

• Amanda Rettke says:

Oh thank you Janis!!  You can delete it.. and thanks again for recording it in the first place!!  Thank you!!  Hope to see you all soon!

• Amanda Jo says:

LOOK AT YOU!!!!! It’s so exciting that we actually got to see you speaking about everything we read about!!! You did a GREAT job, by the way! By the way, you are now proudly displayed on my blog list – it’s the kind that rotates when a new blog post goes up – it only shows 10 at a time. Anyway…AWESOME job on the news!

• Christina says:

You did SO great!!
    Can I just say I love that you take a lot of pictures, and that your blog is tutorial based. I NEED that!
    You are awesome!

• Karen@SurvivingMotherhood says:

Yippee!!!
    I have been waiting for this. *grin*
    So fun to hear your voice, Amanda. You did a great job!

• janmary, n ireland says:

Lovely to see you, and hear your accent!
    So did you get lots of hits, comments and new subscribers now you are “famous”??? Hope so!

• Michelle M. says:

That video is great! You seemed so calm and at ease. Way to go!