Peach Bread

filed under: Bread on July 5, 2011

I don’t want much TV, but I have a couple channels that are a go-to for me if its on.  One of them is Food Network.

And since I seem to be on the computer more then I am in front of the TV, you can see why I might like the FN Dish blog!

Each summer the fabulous folks over at FN Dish put together “Summer Fest” in which they share tips and recipes about season produce.

This week is peach!

IMG_3575.peachbread

There is something so comforting about a fresh juicy peach in the summer time.

Confession? Sometimes I wish I was a Southern Belle.  Its tough being a Yankee.

Now go laugh amongst yourselves.

IMG_3680.peachbread

I decided to do a peach bread.  This bread is similar to a banana bread, but so distinctive in its savour.  The first bite is sweet with a smooth crumbly texture, but after a moment the peach really makes itself known, and your taste buds are infused with the luscious soothing flavor.

IMG_3664.peachsimplesyrup

Sometimes ‘good’ is just not good enough for me… so I went ahead and made a peach simple syrup to drizzle over the bread.  The recipe was so simple, but the effect was amazing!

Peach Simple Syrup

Simple peach syrup

Ingredients

This recipe has no ingredients

Instructions

This recipe has no instructions

IMG_3758.original

I had a small amount of batter left over, so decided to make a couple muffins* as well.

*I used my favorite muffin tin that has this beautiful intricate design, but this bread did not show that off well.  I think the pan would be best used with a more sturdy batter.

IMG_3813.peachmuffins

These little guys were perfect after being slightly warmed then drizzled in a sugary glaze.

Peach Glaze Icing

Ingredients

This recipe has no ingredients

Instructions

This recipe has no instructions

IMG_3859.peachbread

Tips for success:

Watch baking times closely.  I would start checking the bread at 35 minutes.  I also covered the bread with aluminum foil at about 40 minutes to prevent further browning on top.

Use some big chunks of peach.  I used a potato masher to crush the peaches, which left me with some larger clumps.  These ended up being the most tasty bites in the bread, next time I would even consider adding more peach!

If you want to participate in Food Networks Summer Fest you can follow along with #cookingwith on twitter.

Check out more amazing Peach recipes from some great food bloggers!

CIA Dropout: Peachy Keen Panna Cotta

Cooking Channel: Peaches on the Grill

Add a Pinch: My Grandmother’s Peach Cobbler

And Love It Too: Pan Seared Salmon with Fresh Peach Salsa

The Sensitive Epicure: A Summer Peach Tart, Gluten-Free

From My Corner of Saratoga: Double Caramel Peaches

She Wears Many Hats: Peach Wontons

Comments

• Georgia Pellegrini says:

This looks magical!

• Shaina says:

Every summer I, too, wish I lived in the south, if only for the peaches. When Ole was in graduate school, it was one of my favorite things about visiting, second only to seeing him after months of daily phone calls.

• Barefeet In The Kitchen says:

I love making peach muffins and breads. I look forward to it each year when the peaches are in season.

• Kelli says:

Beautiful. You are an artist!

• AngieN24 says:

These sound delicious! I love peaches and peachy foods. I’d also like to add that your photos and stylings are gorgeous! =D
              Angie

• Amy | She Wears Many Hats says:

YUM! And the muffin size is perfect. Can you imagine for breakfast with some coffee? YUMMY!

• Hey Amanda, this peach bread is looking great. Especially with the drizzle. FN is the only channel I watch these days 🙂

• Lucy Lean says:

what a great idea – going to try this with the kids who aren’t that keen on bananas but LOVE peaches

• Robyn | Add a Pinch says:

These are just perfect, Amanda! What a great recipe. And as for being a Southern Belle – come on down, we always can use one more. 🙂

• Bethany says:

Oh YUM! I just went to the orchard to get my name on the list for second (read this girl is super cheap). I can’t wait. I used up my last quart of peaches three weeks ago. This recipe looks delicious! I think I’m going to make some muffins minus the drizzle and freeze them for breakfasts.

• bridget {bake at 350} says:

Oh, your pictures are beautiful! I think peaches are one of the only redeeming things about summer in Texas. Peaches and tomatoes…that is all. Your bread (and muffins and glaze) sounds delectable. I think I will head to the produce stand and pick up some peaches tomorrow!

• Tamara says:

I was looking for a new bread to make this summer and this bread sounds perfect! I’m a Southern Belle so I will deem you an honorary one for this glorious recipe. 😉

• Cocktail Party says:

Yumm!!!! I am hungry…:)

• Gianna says:

Can you make me some and then we can meet at the park and go swimming? Please?

• Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction says:

Oh, this peach bread just sounds amazing! I can’t wait until I get my hands on some fresh peaches. I will be making this in an instant!

• the urban baker says:

Peach simple syrup! Super creative, Amanda! I don’t even have to make this to know how moist and good it must be. Enjoy the lazy days of summer, your peaches, and your “4” tots!

• SMITH BITES says:

perfection – i would sooooo love this for breakfast . . .

• Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen says:

That looks so moist and delicious! And for the record, I think you would make the perfect southern belle. 🙂

• Maria says:

I will be trying this one!

• Heidi @ Food Doodles says:

Mmm, that looks delicious! I’ve never put peaches in bread before but it looks great. I’ll have to remember this when we have beautiful local peaches 😀

• Debbie says:

Item for the Red Velvet Cake has been removed. I included a link with this recipe to your web page just as you do when you share someones idea. Sorry it offended you.

• Renee says:

That looks scrumptious! Can you bring me some? 🙂

• ruby says:

this bread looks so good! i love banana bread, and I love peaches, so i’m sold.

• lynn says:

Oh boy, doesn’t this look delicious?!

• Dana says:

I made this bread this weekend and it is so good! Coupled with my fresh from the Farmer’s Market NC peaches and it was absolutely perfect!