If you love peanut butter and chocolate, this Peanut Butter Reese’s Cheesecake is a fantastic recipe to try! And serving it in a jar is just plain fun! Check out my perfect Cheesecake Recipe and Piggy Pie Dessert for other great options!
Seriously delicious and so fun to share!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 12 ounces whipped topping, thawed
- 1 9-inch prepared Oreo® cookie crumb crust
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 16 mini Reese's® Peanut Butter Cups, unwrapped and chopped
In a stand mixer combine cream cheese, peanut butter and confectioners sugar on low speed for 30 seconds using the whisk attachment.
Turn mixer to medium-high and mix for 1-2 more minutes, or until ingredients smooth and fully incorporated.
Remove bowl from mixer and fold in 2/3 of whipped topping by hand. (the remaining will be added in the jars)
(Optional: if you want peanut butter cups in the cheesecake now is when to add them. Make sure they have been finely chopped. Reserve 1/3 of the cups for garnish.)
- Take pre-made Oreo® crust and crumble into medium bowl. Add in melted butter.
Take 2 tablespoons of Oreo® crumbs and press into the bottom of jar; using a spoon helps to press them in evenly.
- Carefully spoon peanut butter cheesecake into car, about 3/4 way up.
- Carefully spoon (a piping bag also works great here) whipped topping on top of cheesecake.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of chopped Reese's® Peanut Butter Cups.
Add cover to jar and chill for at least 3 hours.
Can be stored for 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
Recipe is for 5 pint jars.
Peanut Butter Cheesecake in a Jar
I love slowly eating this out of a jar in front of a cozy fire. Who am I kidding, I totally watch it in front of my ipad because that it where I can binge watch Murder She Wrote. #jessicafletcherrules
I made these in the mini jars and the taller jars and found that the mini jars were perfect. I like the tall jar because:
- You can see the layers and know you are getting awesome peanut butter cheesecake with chunks of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups in between a light fluffy layer of whipped cream that is sitting on a yummy Oreo crust.
- It’s a big portion and indulging people is kinda a specialty of mine.
But! It was just too much. Almost the equivalent of three pieces of pie! Which is not a bad thing if you spread it out over the course of the day~ so maybe write your name on the jar with a Sharpie and then you can head back to the fridge to snack whenever you want!
I did add diced Reese’s® Peanut Butter cups to one jar, actually in the peanut butter cheesecake. It was almost too much, but I think this would be amazing if it were finely chopped pieces, not the big chunks that you can see above.
This is one of those desserts that feels really decadent and indulgent but is quite easy to put together.
A pack of these flavorful cheesecakes, topped with those irresistible Reese’s® Peanut Butter Cups, makes the perfect hostess gift.
Sending you lots of love, peace and blessings!