If you love peanut butter and chocolate, this Peanut Butter Reese’s Cheesecake is a fantastic recipe to try! And serving it in a jar is just plain fun! Check out my perfect Cheesecake Recipe and Piggy Pie Dessert for other great options!
Peanut Butter Cheesecake in a Jar
I love slowly eating this out of a jar in front of a cozy fire. Who am I kidding, I totally watch it in front of my ipad because that it where I can binge watch Murder She Wrote. #jessicafletcherrules
I made these in the mini jars and the taller jars and found that the mini jars were perfect. I like the tall jar because:
- You can see the layers and know you are getting awesome peanut butter cheesecake with chunks of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups in between a light fluffy layer of whipped cream that is sitting on a yummy Oreo crust.
- It’s a big portion and indulging people is kinda a specialty of mine.
But! It was just too much. Almost the equivalent of three pieces of pie! Which is not a bad thing if you spread it out over the course of the day~ so maybe write your name on the jar with a Sharpie and then you can head back to the fridge to snack whenever you want!
I did add diced Reese’s® Peanut Butter cups to one jar, actually in the peanut butter cheesecake. It was almost too much, but I think this would be amazing if it were finely chopped pieces, not the big chunks that you can see above.
Seriously delicious and so fun to share!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 12 ounces whipped topping, thawed
- 1 9-inch prepared Oreo® cookie crumb crust
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 16 mini Reese's® Peanut Butter Cups, unwrapped and chopped
In a stand mixer combine cream cheese, peanut butter and confectioners sugar on low speed for 30 seconds using the whisk attachment.
Turn mixer to medium-high and mix for 1-2 more minutes, or until ingredients smooth and fully incorporated.
Remove bowl from mixer and fold in 2/3 of whipped topping by hand. (the remaining will be added in the jars)
(Optional: if you want peanut butter cups in the cheesecake now is when to add them. Make sure they have been finely chopped. Reserve 1/3 of the cups for garnish.)
- Take pre-made Oreo® crust and crumble into medium bowl. Add in melted butter.
Take 2 tablespoons of Oreo® crumbs and press into the bottom of jar; using a spoon helps to press them in evenly.
- Carefully spoon peanut butter cheesecake into car, about 3/4 way up.
- Carefully spoon (a piping bag also works great here) whipped topping on top of cheesecake.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of chopped Reese's® Peanut Butter Cups.
Add cover to jar and chill for at least 3 hours.
Can be stored for 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
Recipe is for 5 pint jars.
This is one of those desserts that feels really decadent and indulgent but is quite easy to put together.
A pack of these flavorful cheesecakes, topped with those irresistible Reese’s® Peanut Butter Cups, makes the perfect hostess gift.
Sending you lots of love, peace and blessings!