Peanut Butter Cookie Brownies are a decadent dessert that starts with a layer of a peanut butter cookie, followed by a layer of double-stuffed Oreo cookies and topped with chocolate brownies, all baked together for a melt-in-your-mouth treat.
And, did I mention I also have a homemade Peanut Butter Sauce topping you can pour over the brownies?!?! Well, I do! It is optional, but I highly recommend it😀. Try my Peanut Butter Cookie Dessert Pizza for another sweet treat using the peanut butter sauce.
Peanut Butter Oreo Brownies
These are known as “Peanut Butter Slutty Brownies” in the baking world. Slutty brownies were first documented on the internet in 2011. These bars with a cookie dough base, Oreos in the middle, and brownies on top were not originally referred to as slutty at all. But, since then, with the name being shared on social media, most people refer to and know this three-layered brownie dessert as slutty brownies, so I am sticking with that! And, the urban dictionary describes these brownies as a chocolatey froth pile of satisfaction, which I really can’t argue with.
How to Make Peanut Butter Cookie Brownies
Peanut Butter Slutty Brownies are an easy dessert to make and bakes in one pan! So, get your ingredients ready and preheat the oven to 350°F. To make the brownies, start with the peanut butter cookie dough base layer. Once you have combined the cookie ingredients, spread the dough into a greased 9×13-inch pan. Place the Oreo cookies on top of the cookie dough.
Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, make the brownie batter by following the instructions on the box. Then, add 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon to the brownie batter. Pour that on top of the Oreo cookies and bake it all together for 35-40 minutes. To check for doneness, insert a toothpick into the brownie layer only. The toothpick should come out with a few crumbs on it, but no wet batter. Let the brownies cool before cutting and adding the peanut butter sauce.
How to Make the Peanut Butter Sauce
Yes, this Peanut Butter Sauce is an added bonus to this recipe, but if you have the ingredients on hand to make this, I would give it a try! Even if you don’t want to add it to these brownies, pour some over ice cream to get that ‘magic shell’!
To make the sauce, in a medium saucepan, melt the butter and peanut butter over medium-low heat. Once they are fully melted and combined, add in butterscotch chips. Remove from heat and stir continually until mostly melted. There may be chunks on the bottom of the pan, but that is fine! Let it cool a bit before adding it to the brownies or ice cream or both! You can store the brownies at room temperature or in an airtight container for up to three days.
How to Store Peanut Butter Oreo Brownies
Store brownies in an airtight container for up to 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Peanut Butter Slutty Brownies
PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE LAYER
- 2 cups (516g) creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups (400g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon McCormick Vanilla Extract
- 24 Oreo cookies, double stuffed
- 1 box (18.4 ounces) brownie mix, prepared per box instructions
- ½ teaspoon McCormick Cinnamon
PEANUT BUTTER SAUCE – OPTIONAL
- ½ cup (129g) peanut butter, chunky
- ½ cup (1 stick or 113g) butter
- ½ cup (85g) butterscotch chips
PEANUT BUTTER SLUTTY BROWNIES
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer (or a large bowl if using a handheld mixer), cream together the peanut butter and sugar until well blended.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Press the peanut butter cookie mixture into a greased 9×13-inch pan.
- Place the Oreo cookies on top of the peanut butter cookie layer. (No need to crush them or break them into pieces.)
- In a separate bowl, make the brownie batter by following package instructions.
- Add cinnamon to the brownie batter. (Don't skip this! It's SO good!)
- Pour the brownie batter over the layer of Oreo cookies.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick (in the brownie layer only) comes out with a few crumbs, but not wet batter.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before cutting and adding the optional Peanut Butter Sauce.
PEANUT BUTTER SAUCE – OPTIONAL
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter and peanut butter over medium-low heat. Once they are fully melted and combined, add in butterscotch chips. Remove from heat and stir continually until mostly melted.
- There will be chunks in the bottom of the pan, but this is okay. Set aside to cool slightly. Pour over the brownies as an added bonus!
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.