Peppermint Cream Pie combines the sweet herb of peppermint with chocolate–a match made in heaven! With its creamy peppermint filling and decadent chocolate crust, this will be a family favorite! Try my Mint Chocolate Cake for another peppermint and chocolate dessert that will not disappoint!
Peppermint Cream Pie
Cream pies are any pies that are filled with custard or pudding and topped with whipped cream. Peppermint Cream Pie is a refreshing cream pie dessert to make, and I make it extra special by topping it with my Peppermint Whipped Cream. This is probably my favorite pie to make because it is SO easy! Rich chocolate cookie crust loaded with a silky smooth white chocolate peppermint cream pie filling… I mean, is there anything better?
- Chocolate sandwich cookies: Although I used Oreo cookies for this recipe, don’t be afraid to try some other chocolate sandwich cookies. Did you know that Hydrox cookies were actually the first chocolate sandwich cookies on the market?
All you need to do for the crust is crush the cookies into a fine crumb in a large plastic baggie. Mix the crumbs with the melted butter and press into a 9-inch pie pan, making sure to get some up the sides of the pan. Set this off to the side as you prepare the peppermint filling.
Peppermint Filling Ingredients
- Instant white chocolate pudding mix
- Pure Peppermint Extract: With only a few ingredients in this recipe, you want to be sure to use the best!
- Peppermint Whipped Cream Recipe: My homemade peppermint whipped cream is perfectly flavored, light, and creamy. It’s a mint lover’s dream! Be sure to make some extra for your hot chocolate!
- Green food coloring: The food coloring is optional, but it adds to the Peppermint Cream Pie name of the dessert. We all know red is popular in peppermint candies, so using red food coloring is another option. Why not make two pies, one red and one green?!? This will get everyone in the holiday spirit!
Peppermint Cream Pie
- about 20 chocolate sandwich cookies for the crust
- ¼ cup (½ stick / 57 g) butter, melted
- 1 box (3.3 ounces) instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 1 ½ cups (368 g) cold milk
- 1 teaspoon Pure Peppermint Extract
- 8 ounces peppermint whipped cream recipe,
- 2-3 drops green food color, optional
- Crush the 20 Oreos in a large plastic baggie until they are crushed into fine crumbs.
- Pour into a bowl and add the melted butter.
- Press into 9-inch pie pan, pressing up the sides.
- Put the white chocolate pudding mix, milk, extract, and food coloring in a bowl. Beat with a hand mixer for about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the homemade peppermint whipped cream until well combined.
- Spread the peppermint cream pie filling over the pie crust.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve, at least 1-2 hours.
- Just before serving, add a dollop of whipped cream and a sprig of fresh mint. (optional)
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.