Pumpkin Caramels and Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3/4 cups softened butter
- 4 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2/3 cups cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Heat oven to 350
- In a small bowl combine buttermilk and pumpkin. Just mix together until incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a mixer, beat the butter, sugars, and vanilla together until light and fluffy. Add in eggs, one at a time, until fully incorporated.
- Alternating, add the flour mixture and buttermilk mixture to the sugar mixture. Beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Mix for 1 minute on low until fully combined. Using an ice cream scoop or 1/4 cup measuring cup, place batter in prepared cupcake pan.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes. Cupcakes are done when an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.
I made those.
Having never have made caramels before, the process seemed daunting.
But I got this new book, Sweet Confections by Nina Wanat and knew I wanted to try. Her directions are easy to follow and the photography was done by the amazing Todd and Diane of White on Rice.
The pictures are enough to make you drop everything and run to the store for supplies.
But since I didn’t want to put Nina’s beautifully perfect recipe here (that’s what the book is for), but still wanted you to be able to sample some if this wonderful pumpkin and chocolate deliciousness, I made cupcakes.
Pumpkin Chocolate cupcakes.
With cinnamon buttercream.
And a caramel on top.
These tasted amazing. Ah-mazing.
Um, I like baking. And cupcake liners. And dancing in my kitchen. And eating pumpkin caramels.
Now for the fun part… I would like to give YOU a copy of Sweet Confections!
Simply leave a comment.
CONTEST CLOSED! The winning comment was #115, Roberta. I will be sending you an email Roberta!
Thanks all who participated!
Open to USA and Canada residents only. Sorry all you fabulous international bakers! No comments accepted from Facebook.
*Amazon Affiliate link.