Get ready to fall in love with a new twist on a classic favorite! Introducing Pumpkin Spice Puppy Chow, a delightful and easy-to-make snack that brings the cozy flavors of autumn right to your taste buds. Just imagine the irresistible crunch of Cinnamon Chex® cereal perfectly coated in velvety white chocolate infused with the warm embrace of pumpkin spice. It’s a sweet symphony of textures and tastes that’ll have you reaching for handful after handful.
Ingredients & Substitutions
Chex Cereal: The heart of this recipe, Cinnamon Chex® cereal lends a delightful flavor. However, if you can’t find the cinnamon variety, plain Chex works well too. Additionally, you can experiment with other cereal options like Rice Chex or Corn Chex. Remember, Chex cereal’s distinct texture is perfect for that classic puppy chow feel.
White Chocolate Chips: The creamy binder that brings everything together. If you’re looking to switch it up, you could try milk chocolate chips for a richer flavor, or even dark chocolate chips for a deeper, bittersweet twist.
Pumpkin Spice: This is where the magic happens! If you’re a fan of more robust spice notes, consider adding a pinch of ground ginger or nutmeg to enhance the autumnal flavors even further. (Or try my homemade version!)
How to Store Pumpkin Spice Puppy Chow
Puppy chow can be stored in an airtight container or zipped bag at room temperature. It will last up to 2 weeks. However, I highly doubt it will last more than a few days once you start eating it!
Pumpkin Spice Puppy Chow
- 1 box (13.5 ounces) Cinnamon Chex® cereal
- 3 cups (504 g) white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin spice
- 1 cup (125 g) confectioners' sugar
- Carefully melt white chocolate in microwave. I started at 1 minute, removed and stirred, then heated again in 10-second increments until completely melted.
- Add pumpkin spice to melted chocolate and stir well.
- Place cereal into bowl; pour white chocolate mixture over cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Transfer the mixture to a large resealable plastic bag and add the confectioners' sugar. Seal the bag tightly. Shake the bag until the confectioners' sugar evenly coats the cereal.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.