Valentine Ring Cupcakes

filed under: Miscellaneous on February 11, 2011

I love a good cupcake.

And I love a cute personalized cupcake. Not necessarily with names on them, but just a personal detail for the recipient… something that lets them know the treats were made especially for them.

Cupcakering1

I made these for my boys.

I am kidding.

Maybe.

I have always loved those little rings that the big chain bakery's put on cupcakes but never wanted my kids to choke as they were sucking the frosting off.

Yes, I have bought cupcakes from a store for my kids. And sometimes I buy Betty Crockers Classic White frosting and eat it out of the container with a spoon.

Shame spiral.

IMG_9333.stamp

Anywho, I went nuts and made a ton of these little rings. They are CHOCOLATE! Just some candy melts I put into a disposable pastry bag and piped out. (well, I melted the chocolate before I piped them, but I am sure you figured that out)

For the part that slips on your finger I piped out a circle then "glued" it to the base using more chocolate.

IMG_9361.stamp

Little hearts and circles embellished with glitter or candy pearls.

IMG_9377.stamp

Red glitter.

IMG_9380.stamp

Pink hearts.

IMG_9405.stamp

Now, if you love white cake and want the best white cake recipe… you should really try this one. I know it says its a white wedding cake, but who wouldn't love a little 'wedding' cake in their Valentine cupcake?

Its the day of LOVE right???

IMG_9421.stamp

And my favorite buttercream recipe of all time. Yes it has shortening in it. I would prefer pure lard but apparently that is not recommended.

Just sayin.

IMG_9455.stamp

A whole plethora of ring embellished cupcakes for the kids.

IMG_9442.stamp

My only advice is, share them with someone you love.

IMG_9508.stamp

This is one of my loves.

Who would you share a cupcake with this Valentines Day?

Comments

• Bridgette says:

I would share mine with one of my sisters.. or both.. better make that a big cup cake!

• Ali says:

I love cupcakes and wish I had the knack for decorating them like you do! The ring idea…genius! I would share my cupcakes with my own little cupcake at home…and probably my hubby too! ๐Ÿ™‚ Would you mind sharing how you got your frosting like that? I’m sure it’s a special tip or something…they just look so pretty with that smooth spiral! Anyway…I love checking your blog and seeing what you come up with…thanks for all the yummy ideas ๐Ÿ™‚
    P.S. I know you said you like rainbows…you’ll have to check out my blog for my daughters 1st birthday party…I made rainbow cupcakes and I was pretty proud of how they turned out…I think it’s maybe 2 posts down when you scroll down…they aren’t fancy but they sure were fun and had the *wow* factor when you bit into them ๐Ÿ™‚ Anyway…that’s as creative as I get when I bake…I just layer colored batter and see what I get ๐Ÿ™‚

• Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction says:

These are absolutely adorable! I love your idea to make little rings for the tops of the cupcakes. I love making cupcake decorations with piped chocolate… So fun!

• MamaBear says:

Love!! Xx

• Andrea says:

Such pretty cupcakes (indluding the docrations, definitely.)
    And your daughter is soooooo adorable.

• Olivia says:

Love your site! The first link that says it’s for a white cake recipe went to a White Wedding Cake Frosting recipe… is this correct? Is there another website link that has the white weeking cake recipe?

• TidyMom says:

forget the cupcakes………….I WANT THAT LITTLE CUTIE and the END!! I miss that age…..so cute! so adorable!!
    Great job as always Amanda!!

• Amanda Rettke says:

For the question about the link going to a white frosting recipe:
    Right under the picture of the cake is a link to the cake recipe… I just wanted to make sure thefriendwho introduced me to the recipe got credit!
    Thanks!

• Denise says:

*LOVE*!!!!

• colleen says:

I LOVE these! It just gave me the best idea for my twin neice and nephews Bday! A light purple frosted Wonder Twins themed cupcake with the WT rings on top! Thank you for the inspiration! Now off to start looking for pics :O)
    Oh and Iwould share the valentine cupcakes with my 3 valentines(my hubby and our 2 little men(4 & 20 months)

• aimee says:

How cute are those?! I love them all! Hope you and your family have a wonderful Valentine’s Day!! : )
    Aimee

• Marian (Sweetopia) says:

Super cute Amanda! I love your sweet bling! xo

• Joy says:

I won’t make them for Valentines Day (unless I happen to be in a single girls lonely on Valentines Day sweets mood) but they are PERFECT for a bridal shower/girls night out I am throwing in early April! My friend will love them!!!
    This is why I stalk your blog (I mean, one of the reasons)… =o)

• Jenn {Cookies Cupcakes Cardio} says:

So cute! Your daughter is absolutely adorable. I wish I had seen this post before I used dollarstore rings on some cupcakes that I made for a jewelry party a while ago. Beautiful as always!

• Amy's blah, blah, blog says:

I have never seen this idea before, I just love it! Again with the whole creativity thing, you are brimming with it!
    And the little one you shared it with? Oh, she’s a beauty!

• Alicia says:

Oh my gosh, so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Adopt me, please!!!! LOL
    And your princess is adorable!

• kangli says:

i didn’t know you could just pipe candy melts like that! and the rings are so pretty! ๐Ÿ™‚

• amalia says:

Mmmmm yummy and beautiful of course!!! I am always looking for a good white cake recipe, so I’m anxious to try this one! I found the recipe with the link you gave….but how long would you bake if you were using this wedding cake batter to make cupcakes? Happy Hearts Day!!

• Wenderly says:

O.k. stop it…
    Your little love is such a cutie PATOOTIE!
    I am going nuts over these darling little rings and then you had to throw in one of my favorite words…*plethora* and then, then… that photo of your little love with that expression! I’m dying!
    I think I need a baby. (Did I just say that out loud?)

• Jess says:

Oh yum.
    She is absolutely the cutest!
    Happy almost valentines day!
    Jess : )

• colleen says:

These would make great bases for chocolate pacifiers for a baby shower too ! Did I mention that I love love love these? :O)

• Nancy @SensitivePantry says:

Sweet! You always have such creative and beautiful ideas. Lovely lovely photos.

• Sweetapolita (Rosie) says:

These are so adorable, Amanda, as is your little sweetie! Thanks so much for sharing. I love your blog! xo

• Lauren @ Crave. Indulge. Satisfy. says:

These are too cute! Love the chocolate rings, great idea!

• Romona says:

Tht is the sweetest pic … pure innocence & sweeeeet. ๐Ÿ™‚ btw i didnt dare try ur icing recipe on my gingerbread houses … but i was wonderin if ur ROYAL icing recipe is in ur blog cuz when i was lookin for it it seemed to be a duplicate of ur NORMAL icing recipe. Lookin forward to ur reply.