The Ultimate Dessert St. Patty-fied

filed under: Sandwich Cookies on February 22, 2010

When I asked you guys what you thought I could make for the Fox Morning Show segment, over 680 of you voted, and almost 50% chose the Ultimate Dessert.

And all I have to say to that is… Thank You!! It was the perfect choice.

You are so smart.

So I figured I could try a couple different forms of presentation for the show.

IMG_8456.ultimatedessert

IMG_8458.ultimatedessert

IMG_8448.ultimatedessertminis

IMG_8470ultimatedessertminis

And somewhere along the way… I decided I needed to give the Ultimate Dessert a makeover. St. Patty's Day style.

IMG_8406.shamrockdessert

I made a shamrock cookie…and when I say made I am not kidding, as I do not own a shamrock cookie cutter and Walmart does not stock them yet.

IMG_8413.shamrockdessert

Then I made a mint vanilla frosting… it was so subtle yet refreshing.

I sometimes forget how much I enjoy mint.

IMG_8416.shamrockdessert

Now, I made these with Hershey's Chocolate Syrup… but purely for presentation purposes.

I MUCH prefer melted milk chocolate over the Ultimate Dessert, I just did not want to deal with melting chocolate and not having the right consistency for the segment.

The combination of thick and smooth milk chocolate, creamy mint vanilla frosting, and a slightly crispy cinnamon cookie is almost too much for your sweet taste buds to handle, but it is of extreme importance that you give them the opportunity.

Make it. Soon. I promise its easy and SO worth it. Full recipe here.

IMG_8463.shamrockdessert

I also made tiny little shamrock cinnamon cookies for decoration… they were super yummy! Almost like sweet chips!

I had an amazing time getting to hang out at Fox 9 and meet the wonderful anchors.

Here is a link to the clip if you want to see it!

And be sure to let me know if you try the Ultimate Dessert… I would love to know how you make it yours!

Comments

• Diane {createdbydiane.blogspot.com} says:

I voted for them ๐Ÿ™‚ the shamrocks are so cute, I love them. You did an amazing job with the shamrocks, see if we were neighbors you could have just borrowed my many shamrocks cutters ๐Ÿ™‚ you are so cute!

• Londa says:

Amazing! Mint chocolate is my favorite! No cookie cutter = super talented! WOW! Can’t wait to see the segment!

• What a fun St. Pat’s treat! I’ll have to dig out my cookie cutters!
    Thanks for sharing!
    ~Liz

• bridget {bake at 350} says:

I can’t wait to see your segment! These are so darling! You have the most creative and YUMMY ideas!

• Kate says:

These look so pretty and fun and yummy. Ian loves mint and he loves cinnamon so looks like i’ll have to give this one a go.
    Can’t wait to see your segment!

• TraceyPaul says:

These look SO yummy – great job and lovely photography!

• Renee says:

Those look delish! Great job Amanda!

• Mandi says:

Oh my goodness the mint ones look AMAZING!!! Seriously, I want one like NOW! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Michaella says:

I like to visit your site just to drool over your creations! ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m just waiting for an excuse to try some out!

• abby says:

Yummy!! I love mint flavoring…I’ve been getting my fill via ice cream lately. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Man, I need to check in here more often. SO many great ideas all at once make my head spin. (in a good way)
    You’ve got so much FUN talent in you!

• Joy Ellis says:

I will definitely be trying this out!! Love the shamrock idea!!

• Taiya says:

Looks so yummy! My dad’s birthday is coming up and I make a wicked chocolate mint cake with draped chocolate over it. ๐Ÿ™‚ Makes me think it’s a good idea to make this year!

• AngieN24 says:

These are great! I want to make them for my hubby and kids. How much and what kind of mint flavoring did you add? Thanks!

• Natasha says:

They’re beautiful! How did you make the shamrock cutter? xo

• Alicia says:

You are nothing short of amazing in my book!

• Jennifer Henderson says:

Oh no…
    I am So grateful you found my blog but absolutely horrifed you’ll come back tomorrow when I have a scheduled post going up showing my daughter’s hideous birthday cake I made her on Saturday.
    Hopefully you are as gracious as you are ridiculously talented.
    Love your pictures and thanks for the comment,
    Jen Henderson over at allthingshenderson

• gaia says:

The shamrock! how cute!!!
    Have a great week… and I’m following you daily!

• Lorie says:

Now if you lived next door to me I could have lent you my shamrock cookie cutter! ;D Love it as always!

• Jessica @ How Sweet says:

I really don’t have any words when I come to THIS blog of yours, because your creations are so incredible. I know I’ve said it a million times, but you are so talented and these are gorgeous. They are also FUN. You know how to bake for everyone. I’m off to watch your clip – it’s the only way I get to ‘see’ you in real life!! Maybe some day. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Amanda Sikes says:

My birtheday is on St. Patty’s Day. Maybe I will make them for my birthday cake! I love mint and chocolate! Thanks for the wonderful idea that fits me perfect.

• Paige Galla says:

I’m smitten with these sweets! Bravo on the homemade cookie cutter, it’s a perfect shamrock! I adore the little cinnamon ones, too. What could be better than a triple layer cookie?! Thanks for sharing!

• Londa says:

What a rock, Lady! You have one beautiful ring! The segment was awesome! You are so fun to watch! Maybe some more baking segments on your blog are in order! ๐Ÿ™‚ And…I didn’t hear a single “um”!

• Barbara says:

Had no idea you were from Eden Prarie! I have two neices there.
    Anyway, loved the video..you did beautifully. If you were nervous, you sure didn’t look it!
    Love your shamrock cookies. And the mint flavor filling is a super idea!

• BethieofVA says:

Beautiful!! Your co-host is pretty handy. You are too cute.

• Trennia says: