Spiked Blueberry Lemonade is a refreshing and vibrant cocktail made with fresh blueberries simple syrup, freshly squeezed lemon juice, and vodka, topped off with club soda. Enjoy this fizzy alcoholic beverage over ice, garnished with lemon slices and blueberries for an elegant touch! I also have a Strawberry Lavender Vodka Lemonade you will enjoy!
Ingredients & Substitutions
Blueberries: Using fresh blueberries in this drink really enhances the overall flavor. You could also use frozen blueberries that have been thawed.
Simple Syrup: Simple syrup is a mixture of sugar and water that adds sweetness to the drink. It also helps balance the flavors. It’s so easy to make at home, so don’t worry if you don’t have any on hand.
Lemon: Freshly squeezed lemon juice is best. But, you could add a little bit of lemonade to the drink if that is what you have on hand.
Vodka: Use your favorite brand of vodka. If you prefer, you could substitute gin or tequila.
Club Soda: Club soda is carbonated water that has added minerals. Seltzer or sparkling water would also be suitable options to use. If you do want to add a little more sweetness to the cocktail, try adding lemon-lime soda or ginger ale.
Can I Make Spiked Blueberry Lemonade Without A Cocktail Shaker?
Absolutely! There are a couple of options when it comes to making this drink without a cocktail shaker:
- Use a travel coffee mug with a lid. Muddle the blueberries with simple syrup in the mug. Add the lemon juice, vodka, and ice. Cover the mug, make sure the mouth opening is closed, and shake. Pour it over ice, topping it with club soda.
- No shaker? No problem! You can even simply stir the ingredients together. First, muddle the blueberries with the simple syrup in the bottom of a glass or picture. Add the lemon juice, vodka, and ice, giving the ingredients a good stir. Finally, top with club soda and garnish with lemons and blueberries.
Blueberry Lemonade Mocktail
If you prefer a non-alcoholic version of this drink, simply leave out the vodka! By omitting the vodka, you’ll still have a delicious and refreshing blueberry lemonade with a hint of sweetness from the simple syrup, the tanginess from the lemon juice, and the effervescence from the club soda.
Can I Make A Large Batch Of The Cocktail?
Sure! If you are hosting a party or gathering, get the cocktail mixed ahead of time. Scale up the ingredients to how much you need. Then, in a large pitcher or bowl, muddle the blueberries using a muddler or the back of a spoon to release their juices. Add the simple syrup and lemon juice to the pitcher and stir well to combine. Pour in the vodka and stir again. Refrigerate the mixture without adding ice or club soda until you’re ready to serve. When ready to serve, fill individual glasses with ice. Give the refrigerated mixture a good stir, and then pour it over the ice in each glass. Top each glass with club soda, gently stirring to combine.
Spiked Blueberry Lemonade
- ½ cup blueberries
- 2 ounces simple syrup
- 1 large lemon, juiced (around 3 tablespoons)
- 1 ½ ounces vodka
- club soda
- lemons and blueberries, for garnish
- To a cocktail shaker, add blueberries and simple syrup. Muddle to release the blueberry juices.
- To the shaker, add lemon juice, vodka, and ice. Shake until chilled.
- Set out 2 lowball glasses. Add ice to each glass and strain the blueberry mixture over the ice, filling each glass about ¾ full.
- Top each with club soda. Garnish with lemons and fresh blueberries. Cheers!
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.
What the Test Kitchen had to say about this recipe:
This adult blueberry lemonade is so light and refreshing! I love the addition of soda water for just a little extra fizziness! Perfect for a hot summer day!
Surprisingly, I didn't mind this cocktail! It wasn't overly sweet, which could easily be adjusted, anyway, by using less simple syrup. I love everything blueberry right now, so this drink did not disappoint.
You can never go wrong with alcoholic lemonade! The flavor combination of blueberries and lemons is wonderful! Sweet, tart, and refreshing!
A very delightful, fruity drink! It goes down easy and is perfect for the summer!