Stripe Birthday Cookies

filed under: Cookies on July 12, 2010

I get burnt out on birthday cookies.

My lazy little brain wants to just write out ‘Happy Birthday!’ on each cookie and call it a day.

Lame.

But then I get to thinking about someone opening a box of cookies only to see something they have seen all too often before it.. well… it motivates me to try new things.

Not totally fantastic or brilliant or earth shattering new things… just techniques and designs that are new to me.

IMG_9866.stamp

IMG_9870.stamp

These fantastically un-original cookies are just different colored lines.

The only thing I knew about the recipient was that he was turning 30 and his name was Adam.

So. I tried to go for masculine. Hence, brown, blue, and green.

I’m wildly imaginative you know.

IMG_9879.stamp

IMG_9897.stamp
I started out with these for his name. Then I thought it was too busy looking so I made different ones. (above)

I think I ate these. Its all kind of a sugar induced mental blur.

IMG_9926.stamp

IMG_9895.stamp

I used my favorite sugar cookie recipe and glaze icing.

Comments

• libby says:

hoooooow cute!! that was very sweet of her. and i love your cookies as always. i have a giveaway going on right now. don’t miss it dear!

• shanna says:

I love the stripes- like i said before, you do amazing work! I wish you lived closer to me- Id def order cookies from you for all my kids parties!!

• Kari says:

Love the tiles! ๐Ÿ™‚ Super cute. And… as usual… gorgeous cookies. Always makes me want to eat one. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Blessings, Kari

• Londa says:

I love it! Thanks for continuously coming up with new creative ideas so sponges like me can try them out! Guess what! I found an amazing little kitchen store in our town–complete with frosting tips and amazing food coloring! It’s time to take this cookie decorating to the next level…that’s the one right above baggies! ๐Ÿ™‚ Awesome cookies! I’m sure ADAM will be thrilled…with the cookies, probably not with turning 30. Silly numbers!

• ElizaBeth says:

I love the simple elegance of the stripes! Mind if I copy the idea for my FIL??

• janis says:

Cute cookies – though I have to say I liked my polka dots better – but it was quite “manly”
    God Bless!

• faithy says:

gorgeous cookies..i love those stripes!

• Sue says:

You have endless ideas in that head of yours! Love these! They are very original, and look great in your newly refashioned cookie dome:) Love the tiles too! Lucky you!

• Amy says:

Great masculine cookies!
    Those painted tiles are amazing – that is so sweet!

• Jessica @ How Sweet says:

These are the coolest! I really love them because I love bright colors. So neat!

• Lorie says:

I only wish I could make stripes that straight! SO CUTE!!

• Barbara says:

What lovely gifts from Renee! She is very talented.
    And YOU may think your cookies are un-original, but they aren’t. Perfect for a guy! Your birthday cookies are always a way to start out my day with a smile on my face.
    Please don’t get bored with doing them! ๐Ÿ™

• Renee says:

I HAVE to comment on your cookies! I’ve not seen anything done like it before! Those are amazing Amanda and such a huge amount of detail and work! You have such an original design spirit. I LOVE it!
    I’m so happy you like your tiles and are using them. You know I enjoyed making them for you and I’m thrilled you have been enjoying them! Thanks for the shout out too Amanda! I appreciate it!

• Renee says:

The stripes are striking, and very masculine, well done ๐Ÿ™‚ Great painted tiles from Renee! She has a great name by the way ๐Ÿ™‚

• Mark@Alcohol Calorie Counter says:

The way you drew the stripes makes me think you are a ruler!Nice job on doing those cookies, they are so colorful and very yummy to look at.

• bridget {bake at 350} says:

These are such great cookies! Perfect for a guy…I’m always stumped making cookies for men. “Hey, how do you like sanding sugar?!?”
    Anyway….the way you put the letters and stripes on there was brilliant! And the trivets are darling! Renee is so talented. Maybe someday Bake at 350 will have one *cough*. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• bridget {bake at 350} says:

I just wanted to clarify my comment….I can never come up with clever masculine cookies. I always feel like I’m offering something girlie like sanding sugar or sprinkles. I wasn’t saying YOU should use sanding sugar!!! Hope it didn’t come across that way!
    You cookies are masculine perfection! I am inspired!

• Kelli says:

I think you are amazing!!

• Pat says:

Your creativity is just amazing! I love the idea of the stripes but I don’t think I have the patience ~ ๐Ÿ™‚
    The tiles are adorable! Renee is quite talented.
    Have a blessed week ~
    xoxo
    Pat

• April says:

You know, I absolutely love these! I think for guys, simple is PERFECT because I don’t know any that would even appreciate the effort anyway! ha!

• Lyns says:

Love the idea you used for your cookies!

• Joy Ellis says:

Love the striped cookies! The tiles are gorgeous! Have a blessed day!

• Paula says:

I don’t know where you get your creative inspiration from Amanda but these are just perfect for a guy! Well done and so much work involved. I’m sure Adam appreciated every little icing stripe that went on these cookies.

• Alicia says:

Those are so cool, and yes, very masculine!!!! How did he like them???

• abby says:

So cute! I love all those stripes. I can’t imagine being able to see straight after being done with all that detail!
    So…do you keep dough or cookies in the freezer or do you make them fresh every time?
    I used your inspiration and made a fourth of July flag cake. It was so fun (not near as cute as yours!) and can’t wait to try it again next year. Thanks for sharing the idea!