Toffee Cracker Bars are no-bake layered dessert bars made with three layers of buttery crackers and a toffee mixture, all topped with melted chocolate. Try my Special K Bars for another no-bake dessert bar that is sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
Toffee Cracker Bars
This dessert is a recipe that comes together quickly, and you don’t even need to turn on the oven. You just need a stovetop and microwave to get the bars layered and set. Toffee Cracker Bars are the perfect treat to share at your next gathering or potluck. And, they won’t be around long; they are addicting!
Toffee Cracker Bars Ingredients
With just a few simple ingredients, these bars come together quickly and are delicious!
Crackers: Choose any buttery, rectangular crackers, like Club crackers. You will need about 90 crackers for this dessert.
Sweetened Condensed Milk: Be sure to check the labels carefully when buying sweetened condensed milk. Do not use evaporated milk in this recipe.
Brown Sugar: I used light brown sugar to make the toffee mixture. You could also use dark brown sugar if that is all you have on hand.
Butter: A full stick of butter is used in the toffee mixture.
Milk: I prefer whole milk.
Chocolate: I melted milk chocolate chips to spread on the top of the bars.
How to Make Toffee Cracker Bars
To get these toffee cracker bars made, first, line a 9×13-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Then, spray the paper with nonstick cooking spray. Place about 30 crackers on the parchment paper. Set the pan aside as you make the toffee mixture.
To make the toffee layer, add the sweetened condensed milk, brown sugar, butter, and milk to a large saucepan. Heat over medium heat until the butter is completely melted, stirring frequently. Increase the heat to medium-high and heat until boiling. Let the mixture boil for about 5 minutes as you are stirring constantly.
When the toffee layer is ready, pour about 1/3 of the amount over the bottom layer of crackers in the baking dish. Next, place the second layer of about 30 crackers on top of the toffee layer. Then, pour another third of the toffee mixture over the crackers. Repeat with the third layer of crackers and the remaining toffee mixture one last time.
Finally, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips in 30-second increments (stirring after each increment) until they are completely melted and smooth. Pour the melted chocolate over the bars and use an offset spatula to spread it out evenly. Set the pan of bars in the refrigerator for about an hour, or until set. Store the bars, covered, for up to four days.
Looking for More Dessert Bar Recipes?
Toffee Cracker Bars
- 90 buttery rectangular crackers, like Club crackers
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup (200g) light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup (1 stick or 113g) butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 cups (11.5 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- Line 13x9-inch pan with parchment paper. Then, spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place about 30 of the crackers in the bottom of the pan.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add condensed milk, brown sugar, butter, and milk.
- Heat until butter is melted, stirring frequently. Increase heat to medium-high; heat to boiling. Boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour one-third of the toffee mixture over crackers in pan. Arrange 30 of the crackers over caramel. Top with one-third of the remaining toffee mixture. Repeat with remaining crackers and toffee.
- In a microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the top of the bars and then use an offset spatula to spread evenly. Refrigerate about 1 hour, or until set.
- Store, covered, for up to four days.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.
Photography by Tornadough Alli.