Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Brownies are layered dessert bars with a brownie layer topped with cheesecake and chocolate chip cookies! They are rich, creamy, and a fantastic flavor mashup! Try my Brownie Bottom Cheesecake for another layered brownie dessert.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Brownies
These dessert bars are a triple threat, or should I say a triple treat with three delicious sweet treats layered into one decadent dessert! It starts with a layer of fudgy brownies from my French Silk Brownies. Then, the brownies are topped with a cheesecake layer and chocolate chip cookies from my Chocolate Chip Caramel Bars.
There are three parts to these triple-layer brownies–brownies, cheesecake, and chocolate chip cookies.
Room Temperature Ingredients: Using room temperature ingredients (specifically butter, eggs, and cream cheese) will help you get the best results when baking this dessert.
Cocoa: Use Dutch-process cocoa in the brownies. It gives them a richer taste, a darker appearance, and a more velvety texture. And, the quality of the cocoa does matter.
Chocolate: For the chocolate chips in the cookies, I used semi-sweet chocolate chips. You can use milk chocolate if you prefer!
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Brownies
After the brownies have baked for 15 minutes, remove them from the oven. Again, they will not be fully cooked. Carefully spread the cheesecake layer over the brownies. Do this gently so the cheesecake stays on top of the brownies. Then, drop teaspoonsful of the cookie dough on top of the cheesecake.
Bake the brownies for 30-35 minutes, or until the cheesecake has set. Remove the brownies from the oven and let them come to room temperature. Finally, transfer the pan of brownies to the refrigerator to chill for 4 hours, up to overnight.
How to Store Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Brownies
Store any leftover cheesecake bars in the refrigerator, covered, for up to five days. If you still want to save some of the cheesecake bars, store them in the freezer for up to three months. To store in the freezer:
- Let the bars cool completely.
- Remove the bars from the pan and place them on a plate (cut or uncut). Put the cheesecake (uncovered) in the freezer for about an hour.
- After the hour in the freezer, remove the cheesecake bars and wrap them tightly in plastic wrap.
- Place the wrapped bars into a zipped freezer bag or wrap it in aluminum foil. Be sure to label and date the packaging.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Brownies
- 1½ cups (186g) all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup (42g) Dutch-process cocoa
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups (400g) granulated sugar
- ¾ cup (1½ sticks or 170g) butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 blocks (8 ounces each) cream cheese, room temperature
- ¾ cup (150g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup (1 stick, 113g) butter, room temperature
- ¾ cups (150g) brown sugar, packed
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup (170g) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl add flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt. Whisk together ingredients until they are fully incorporated.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or in a large bowl using a hand-held mixer, beat the eggs, sugar, butter, and vanilla until light and fluffy (2-3 minutes).
- With the mixer off, add in the flour mixture. Turn mixer on low and mix until ingredients are well combined.
- Pour brownies into a prepared baking dish and bake for 15 minutes, or until they are just starting to set. (They will not be cooked through.)
- After the brownies have baked for 15 minutes, carefully remove them from the oven. Let them cool while preparing the next layers.
- While the brownies are cooling, make cheesecake. In a large bowl, add cream cheese and sugar, beat with a hand mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and continue to mix until well blended. Set aside.
- Add butter, brown sugar, and vanilla to a large bowl. With a hand-held mixer, cream ingredients until they are lighter and fluffier. Add in eggs, mixing well after.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix on low until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drizzle the cheesecake mixture over the brownie layer. Carefully spread it over the brownies, making sure to keep it on top of the brownies.
- Drop teaspoonsful of cookie dough onto the cheesecake.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, or until the cookie is golden brown and the cheesecake is set.
- Allow the bars to come to room temperature before transferring them to the refrigerator to chill for 4 hours, up to overnight.
- Store the bars, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.