If you love white chocolate this is a great recipe!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick or 113g) butter
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 cup chopped white chocolate, good quality
- 1 tablespoon milk, or more as needed
- Place room temperature butter and sugar in stand mixer and combine. Mixture will still seem dry.
- Over a double broiler (pan with 1-2 inches boiling water with heat safe bowl over top) slowly melt white chocolate.
- Pour melted white chocolate into mixer while on low speed. Be careful as chocolate is hot. Add in 1 tablespoon milk and turn mixer to medium. Mix for 1-2 minutes to achieve desired consistency.
I lovelovelove white chocolate. Incorporating it into buttercream was a pretty natural progression for me.
This recipe will cover a dozen cupcakes or one 2-layer cake. (Not including crumb coat)
Since this frosting is so sweet, I love pairing it with a rich dark chocolate.
Be sure to let me know what you pair it with when you try it! 🙂