I lovelovelove white chocolate. Incorporating it into buttercream was a pretty natural progression for me.
This recipe will cover a dozen cupcakes or one 2-layer cake. (Not including crumb coat)
White Chocolate Buttercream
- ½ cup (1 stick / 113 g) butter
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup chopped white chocolate, good quality
- 1 tablespoon milk, or more as needed
- Place room temperature butter and sugar in stand mixer and combine. Mixture will still seem dry.
- Over a double broiler (pan with 1-2 inches boiling water with heat safe bowl over top) slowly melt white chocolate.
- Pour melted white chocolate into mixer while on low speed. Be careful as chocolate is hot. Add in 1 tablespoon milk and turn mixer to medium. Mix for 1-2 minutes to achieve desired consistency.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.
Since this frosting is so sweet, I love pairing it with a rich dark chocolate.
Be sure to let me know what you pair it with when you try it! 🙂