If you love chocolate bark then you are going to LOVE this crispy version! All the glorious chocolate you could ever want paired with the slight crisp of Rice Krispies! This is such a fun way to usher in Spring.
White Chocolate Crispy Chocolate Bark
I was inspired by the BRIGHT sunshine pouring in my window that was momentarily amplified by the dusting of snow covering everything.
Also, mini colored marshmallows were on sale at the grocery store. Just keeping it real folks. I am a sucker for those things. I never really know exactly what they are supposed to taste like, just that when I eat them I am reminded of happy youthful days sneaking 1 or 2 from the kitchen and eating while reading a good book.
I was a book worm in my youth, devouring a book a day, sometimes more. And don’t tell anyone, but after I finished Nancy Drew and Trixie Belden I would read my mom’s old romance novels from the 60’s. They were quite PG then, and I learned how to bite my lip when in deep thought (all the good heroines did that) and how to do what is right even when everyone else was doing what was wrong. They were always so independent and principled.
MAN my thoughts are all over the place today! This IS a recipe blog so back to the important stuff.
Tips for Success:
Get a good quality white chocolate. This is important because it is the main ingredient!
Be quite mindful of the melting points. I removed my pan from the heat just before the white chocolate was completely melted and then stirred and stirred and stirred some more until all melted. White chocolate (which is not technically chocolate, boo hoo) is very finicky over heat.
You can easily make this recipe chocolate! Simply use your favorite flavor chocolate (I think milk chocolate is splendid in a bark, but if I am adding candy bits I will use semi-sweet) and Cocoa Krispies®!
Bark recipes are very forgiving and very easy to modify. Use what you have in your pantry and have fun! Kids love to be a part of this and are great at stirring and adding sprinkles.
As you can see from the picture above, I poured my chocolate over a fondant impression mat to create a design on the BACK of the white chocolate bark. I talk about that in detail on this blog post (2 ingredient decorative chocolate) if you would also like to try. (I also added sprinkles to the white chocolate just before pouring onto the mat.)
The best part of this bark is the sweet flavor and the awesome texture! Those Rice Krispies® are an easy and awesome addition that really kicks your bark up to a new level!
White Chocolate Marshmallow Bark
- 12 ounces white chocolate chips
- 4 tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 2 cups Rice Krispies®
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- sprinkles optional
- In heavy 2-quart saucepan, melt white chocolate chips and oil over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Stir in Rice Krispies® cereal and spread out on a parchment lined baking sheet. (I spread mine over a fondant impression mat that gave the back of the chocolate a design; more details below)
- Place in freezer (be sure it is level) for 5 minutes.
- In the mean-time and in a clean pan, melt other bag of white chocolate chips and oil over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Take chocolate crispy pan from freezer and poor room temperature white chocolate over top, spreading out with an offset spatula.
- Immediately cover with marshmallows and sprinkles. (sprinkles and any other candy optional)
- Refrigerate until hard. Break into bite-size pieces.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.
(perfect for Easter too!)
In the first step, how much oil and chocolate? The recipe doesn’t specify.