White Chocolate Pretzel Blondies are an indulgently sweet and salty treat made with white chocolate chips and pretzels. The dense and chewy blondies will satisfy your sweet tooth, plus give you the saltiness and crunch from the pretzels. It all starts with my White Chocolate Blondies, which you will love, too!
Ingredients & Substitutions
Butter: Two sticks of unsalted butter provide richness, flavor, and moisture to the blondies. If using salted butter, you may want to lessen the amount of salt in the recipe.
White Chocolate: White chocolate chips will give you the white chocolate flavor. Half of the chips are melted with the butter; the other half is folded in right before baking the bars. You could also use a bar of white chocolate, chopped into smaller pieces.
Sugar: Blondies are often made with brown sugar, but I used all granulated sugar in these for the sweetness, and they turned out perfectly!
Eggs: You will need a total of three eggs for this recipe. Only add the yolk from the third egg.
Pretzels: For the saltiness and crunch, miniature twist pretzels are chopped and added to the batter as well as to the top of the blondies. You could use different-shaped pretzels, chopped. But, they may affect the texture and appearance of the bars.
Can I Use A Different Type Of Chocolate?
Yes, you can certainly make these blondies with a different type of chocolate. If preferred, you could try the blondies with dark chocolate, milk chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, or a combination of chocolate.
How To Store White Chocolate Pretzel Blondies
To store white chocolate pretzel blondies, first, let them cool completely. Next, cut them into individual bars or squares. Store the blondies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
For longer storage, freeze the blondies. First, let them cool completely. Then, after cutting into your preferred size bars, store them in a freezer-safe container. Label and date the packaging; they can be frozen for up to 3 months. When ready to enjoy, let the bars thaw at room temperature.
White Chocolate Pretzel Blondies
- 1 cup (2 sticks / 227 g) unsalted butter
- 1 bag (11 ounces) white chocolate chips, divided
- 1 ¾ cups (350 g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups (312.5 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups (240 g) miniature twist pretzels, chopped, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9×9-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter and half of the white chocolate chips. Melt in 20-second intervals, stirring in between each time. Continue until the mixture is creamy with no lumps. (This takes about 2 minutes.)
- Allow the white chocolate mixture to cool slightly (about 5 minutes).
- To the melted white chocolate mixture, add sugar. Stir well.
- Add the eggs and the egg yolk, one at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate, medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually stir the flour mixture into the butter and egg mixture until completely combined. Fold in the remaining white chocolate chips and 1 cup of the pretzels.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan. Gently press the remaining pretzels on top of the blondies.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the edges just begin to turn golden brown.
- Allow to cool before cutting and serving.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.
What the Test Kitchen had to say about this recipe:
Both salty and sweet, and soft and crunchy at the same time. It might sound weird, but trust me, it tastes amazing! The mix of flavors and textures is just perfect!!
Oh my gosh, I LOVE these blondies! And, I am not even the biggest white chocolate fan. The sweet and salt combination is perfect, and I love the crunch from the pretzels.
This has a wonderful texture! I love the combination of salty and sweet. The pretzels help balance the sweetness of the white chocolate. I am not a big fan of white chocolate, but this was amazing!
These are really tasty! They're sweet and a little salty, and almost have a sugar cookie-like taste to them!
If you are a white chocolate or blondie lover this is for you!
These blondies are so great. I usually don't prefer white chocolate, but the pretzels really balance out the sweetness. Perfect sweet and salty combo!