This White Chocolate Confetti Cheesecake is the perfect cheesecake for a special occasion! Loaded with cream cheese, white chocolate, and all the rainbow sprinkles, this recipe is sure to bring a smile to your face!
This recipe is a little bit of everything I adore… cheesecake, Oreo crust, white chocolate, and sprinkles! But here’s the skinny: (Please note, that will be the only time I will use the word ‘skinny’ in reference to this recipe!)
My husband keeps telling me that the Oreo crust is too much! Like in this neapolitan cheesecake. Just stop with the Oreo crust he says! But I can’t. I love it! However, he may have a small point in that the chocolate crust does compete with the delicate flavors of white chocolate and cream cheese (and strawberry in this case).
I think a shortbread, graham cracker or vanilla cookie crust would all be really lovely with this cheesecake. I utilize Cool Whip as a topping, but you can certainly use heavy whipped cream and make your own.
How to Make Homemade Whipped Cream
Start with cold heavy cream and pour it into a stand mixer with the whisk attachment. When the cream starts to thicken, add in sugar. (A good rule of thumb is 2 tablespoons of sugar for every cup of cream) Continue beating until soft peaks occur. Don’t overbeat as you will then have butter. The star of this show is definitely the sprinkles! I added some into the cheesecake as well as on top. They are so fun to look at and surely do bring a smile to anyone’s face. Which is why I do what I do. I am a SMILE MAKER darnit! As you can imagine, this was a huge hit with the kids. They love the color and fun that sprinkles bring! Heck, so do I.
White Chocolate Confetti Cheesecake
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 16 ounces (2 packages) cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 4 oz white chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 cup rainbow sprinkles, plus extra for garnish
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in stand mixer until well blended, 3-5 minutes.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating on low speed after each addition just until blended.
- Add white chocolate and stir by hand until just combined.
- Pour in sprinkles and fold into cheesecake batter with spatula.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake at 350°F for 55-60 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake then chill. Make sure it is cool before removing rim. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Top with whipped cream, sprinkles, and a cherry. (For the whipped cream I used a large closed star tip and piped out little billows.)
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.