Air Fryer French Toast Sticks are a fun-to-eat breakfast made with sticks of brioche bread dipped in an egg mixture and cooked in an air fryer. Try my Air Fryer French Toast Bowls or my Best French Toast for another delicious way to start the day!
Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
Air fryers are so popular right now, and they can be used for more than just chicken nuggets and french fries. There is no need to get out a griddle for this recipe; all the cooking is done in an air fryer. The crust gets just crispy enough and the french toast pieces are sprinkled with confectioners’ sugar and smothered in maple syrup.
Air Fryer French Toast Sticks Ingredients
Bread: I chose to use brioche, a French bread, in this recipe. It is somewhat of a pastry and bread combo that tasted amazing in this recipe!
Eggs: Make sure the eggs are at room temperature. Eggs bind the ingredients together and add some richness to the french toast.
Milk: Dairy milk is used in most french toast recipes. It adds moisture and fat (I prefer whole milk.) You could use non-dairy kinds of milk as well, but the flavor will be different.
Sugar: I added a couple of tablespoons of granulated sugar to the liquid to add some sweetness. You could also use brown sugar.
Can I Make French Toast Sticks in the Oven?
Yes! If you don’t have an air fryer, preheat the oven to 350°F. Follow the instructions up to the cooking time. When ready, bake for 10 minutes in the oven. Then, flip over the sticks and bake 10-12 more minutes, or until golden brown.
What is the Best Air Fryer?
I have tested 3 brands in my home and I recommend the Ninja Air Fryer. (affiliate link) You can go up a size if needed, but it is superior in achieving consistent results and also ease of use. I’ve been very happy with this Air Fryer!
More Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup (122 g) whole milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 slices brioche bread, sliced into 1-inch sticks
- confectioners' sugar, for serving
- maple syrup, for serving
- Preheat an air fryer to 360°F and line the basket of the air fryer with parchment paper. Spray the parchment paper with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla until well blended.
- Working one at a time, dip each stick of bread into the egg mixture, making sure to coat all sides. Place on the parchment paper in the air fryer, filling the basket in an even layer. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you might need 3-4 batches total.
- Air fry for 5 minutes. Then, flip each stick of bread and fry for 5 additional minutes.
- Serve topped with confectioners' sugar and maple syrup.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.
what a fun “stick” and like the brioche in this too, also the serving size, can’t get in too much trouble, thank you!
Tried it and it was delicious. I did it on stove top. Best way to use up bread.