Air Fryer Cinnamon Roll is one large roll made with strips of pizza dough covered in brown sugar and cinnamon, cooked in an air fryer, and topped with a sweet glaze. Try my Air Fryer Apple Pie Bombs for another sweet treat made in an air fryer.
Air Fryer Cinnamon Roll
Air Fryers are not just for chicken nuggets and french fries (although they are wonderful for enjoying fried foods with fewer calories and mess). This cinnamon roll is made with pizza dough and just a few ingredients with an easy-to-make sweet glaze to top it off. It’s a quick way to enjoy a cinnamon roll if you don’t have the time to make them from scratch.
Air Fryer Cinnamon Roll Ingredients
Pizza Dough: There is no need to make the dough from scratch for this treat. Simply buy a tube of pizza dough to use.
Butter: Melt the butter and let it cool as you prepare the sugar and cinnamon mixture.
Confectioners’ Sugar: Use this for the glaze; it is simply mixed with the heavy cream.
Heavy Cream: Also known as heavy whipping cream, heavy cream consists of 36-40% fat.
Can I Make this Cinnamon Roll in the Oven?
Yes! If you do not have an air fryer, you can still enjoy this extra large cinnamon roll. To make it in the oven, preheat the oven to 350°F. Then, follow the same instructions up to the covering with aluminum foil. Bake the roll, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes. However, if the edges are getting too dark, tent with aluminum foil for the remaining cook time.
What is the Best Air Fryer?
I have tested 3 brands in my home and I recommend the Ninja Air Fryer. (affiliate link) You can go up a size if needed, but it is superior in achieving consistent results and also ease of use. I’ve been very happy with this Air Fryer!
More Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Cinnamon Roll
- 1 tube (8 ounces) pizza dough
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- ⅓ cup (67 g) brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup (63 g) confectioners' sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Add your pizza dough onto a lightly floured surface, and roll it out into a 12×8-inch rectangle.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Pour the melted butter over the dough so that it covers the entire surface. A pastry brush works well for this step.
- Sprinkle and spread the brown sugar mixture over the buttered dough, making sure it covers the entire surface.
ROLLING, CUTTING, AND AIR FRYING
- Preheat an air fryer to 325°F and spray a 6-inch round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Using a very sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut the rectangle into 4-6 equal strips. Roll one strip up, and then connect it to the next strip until all the strips form one large cinnamon roll.
- Carefully place the cinnamon roll into the prepared cake pan and top the pan loosely with aluminum foil.
- Air Fry for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and fry for 15-16 additional minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar with 2-3 tablespoons of heavy cream. Start with 2 tablespoons of heavy cream, and then add more until the glaze reaches your desired consistency.
- Drizzle the glaze over the warm roll and serve.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.
This looks great! Could you make the strips into separate smaller rolls and still airfry?
Hi, Yasmin! I work with iambaker and am happy to help with questions. Yes, you could do this (great idea), but be sure to carefully watch the cooking time as we have not tested it. Let us know how they turn out and have a great day!
Looks amazing! Thank you for sharing your delicious recipes 🙂
Very excited to try my new airfryer. Can I check – the bun doesn’t need proofing/rising in the pan like regular cinnamon buns. Wanna make sure I didn’t miss it 🤪
How would you bake these in the oven? My air fryer is a smaller bucket style , not a larger one.