Bisquick™ Banana Bread is a moist and flavorful variation of classic banana bread recipes, using homemade Bisquick in the batter. It’s an easy and convenient way to enjoy banana bread, getting the batter mixed in just a couple of minutes before it bakes to perfection! And after you make this quick bread, use homemade Bisquick for more recipes, too!
Ingredients & Substitutions
Bananas: Overly ripe bananas will give you the most flavor in each bite of this banana bread. Very ripe bananas will have lots of brown spots on the peel. Ripe bananas also add moisture to the bread for a better texture.
Milk: Whole milk adds moisture to the bread as well as richness because of its fat content. If substituting milk with a lower fat content (like 2%, 1%, or Skim), the bread may not be quite as rich and moist.
Oil: Vegetable Oil adds fat to the recipe, contributing to the moisture and tenderness of the bread. It also helps prevent the bread from getting dry.
Eggs: For the best results, use eggs that are at room temperature, which blend more evenly into the batter.
Homemade Bisquick: Homemade Bisquick is a copycat version of the baking mix you find in stores. When you make it at home, you get to choose exactly what goes into it, and there are no added unwanted preservatives. Plus, after you make a batch, you can keep it for up to three months to use in different recipes! Using Bisquick in this recipe simplifies the baking process, making it quicker and more convenient.
Variations To Bisquick Banana Bread
Although delicious on its own or with a little bit of butter, this bread is easy to make your own. Here are some variations and add-ins you could try:
- Chopped nuts like walnuts, pecans, or almonds add a nutty crunch.
- Fold chocolate chips into the batter.
- Add dried fruits like raisins, cranberries, or chopped dates.
- Shredded coconut can add a tropical flavor with a little added texture, too.
- Mix in rolled oats or granola.
- Fold in diced apples or cranberries for fruity bursts.
How To Store Banana Bread
Store the bread at room temperature for up to 2-3 days, preferably in a storage container. If you need to store the bread for longer than a couple of days, you can refrigerate it for up to a week. However, storing it in the refrigerator may dry out the bread faster. To keep the bread from drying out, wrap it in plastic wrap or aluminum foil, then place it in an airtight container.
Freezing Banana Bread
Banana bread freezes well, so it’s a good excuse to get a couple of loaves made at a time! To freeze the bread, wrap it in plastic wrap and store it in the freezer for up to three months. When ready to enjoy, let it thaw on the counter at room temperature.
Homemade Bisquick Banana Bread
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 ⅓ cups)
- ⅔ cup (133 g) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (61 g) whole milk
- ¼ cup (54.5 g) vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 ⅔ cups homemade Bisquick
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- To a large bowl, add bananas, sugar, milk, oil, vanilla, and eggs. Stir to combine. Add homemade Bisquick. Stir until just combined.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 63-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs, but no wet batter.
- Allow the bread to cool completely, approximately 2 hours, before slicing and serving.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.
What the Test Kitchen had to say about this recipe:
You can't beat a quick and easy banana bread! A delicious treat any time of day!
This is such an easy recipe for that classic banana bread taste! Yum!
A quick version of banana bread. I would add chocolate chips to mine but you could add whatever add-ins you like! Perfect smothered with some melted butter.
This is a really easy way to make banana bread and would be perfect with breakfast!
So simple and quick, plus the bread turns out moist and tender!
So easy to whip together and yummy! I would even add nuts or chocolate chips!