Graham crackers, chocolate chips, and sweetened condensed milk combine to create a decadent Chocolate Chip Graham Cracker cookie!
I found this recipe in an old magazine clipping my grandmother has sent me. I love how she does that… sees something in a magazine and sends it snail mail. It’s such a treat to know she was thinking of me and took the time to send something she thought I would love! And she was right. I do love these cookies!
Here is a little video on how I made them:
Not shown in video: Right after you flatten the cookies you will BAKE them.
And here is the recipe!
Tips & Tricks:
This cookie dough is quite thick. It also gets more stiff the longer it sits. If you are able, I would line pans with parchment and scoop them out right away then bake in batches.
These cookies are best eaten within 48 hours.
Using a tablespoon scoop makes it easier. Cookies do not spread, so be sure to press down. They are crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside.
To make a S’more Cookie Sandwich, simply toast marshmallows as you normally would then place between two cookies.
Graham crackers, chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk combine to create a decadent cookie!
- 3 packages graham crackers 27 cookie sheets, roughly 4 cups
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Either using a food processor or by hand, finely grind the graham crackers.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. It will be very thick.
- Immediately drop cracker mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 9-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool cookies on pans for 3 minutes.
- Remove cookies to a wire rack; cool completely. (can also be served warm if making smores!)
As you can imagine, the kids loved this new and delicious way to enjoy S’mores! I loved how easy is was for them to assemble.
A fun adaptation would be to have them warm from the oven as an ice-cream sandwich!