Graham crackers, chocolate chips, and sweetened condensed milk combine to create a decadent Chocolate Chip Graham Cracker cookie!
I found this recipe in an old magazine clipping my grandmother has sent me. I love how she does that… sees something in a magazine and sends it snail mail. It’s such a treat to know she was thinking of me and took the time to send something she thought I would love! And she was right. I do love these cookies!
Here is a little video on how I made them:
Not shown in video: Right after you flatten the cookies you will BAKE them.
And here is the recipe!
Tips & Tricks:
This cookie dough is quite thick. It also gets more stiff the longer it sits. If you are able, I would line pans with parchment and scoop them out right away then bake in batches.
These cookies are best eaten within 48 hours.
Using a tablespoon scoop makes it easier. Cookies do not spread, so be sure to press down. They are crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside.
To make a S’more Cookie Sandwich, simply toast marshmallows as you normally would then place between two cookies.
Chocolate Chip Graham Cracker Cookies
- 3 packages graham crackers 27 cookie sheets, roughly 4 cups
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Either using a food processor or by hand, finely grind the graham crackers.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. It will be very thick.
- Immediately drop cracker mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 9-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool cookies on pans for 3 minutes.
- Remove cookies to a wire rack; cool completely. (can also be served warm if making smores!)
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.
As you can imagine, the kids loved this new and delicious way to enjoy S’mores! I loved how easy is was for them to assemble.
A fun adaptation would be to have them warm from the oven as an ice-cream sandwich!
How sweet of your grandma to send you this recipe. Love the simplicity and how yummy it looks. I am drooling at the smores cookie sandwich.
Yum! They sound great.
Aaw, that’s so sweet! Love s’mores anything! These cookies look amazing!
Wow, how did I miss this post!!? These cookies look incredible. Especially the s’more-ified version. I love you more every day!
I want to bake these this weekend!!!! love!
So glad I got my hands on some graham crackers here in Australia (finally!). I have to make these cookies!
Amanda I need these!!!
I am from South Africa, and not sure what your Graham Cookies are. Which biscuit could I use.