This chocolate buttercream is amazing for one reason… it has COFFEE in it! Chocolate Coffee Buttercream is basically the best invention ever. Looking for more great Cake Recipes? Look no further!
I love testing out Chocolate Frosting recipes. I mean, you really can’t go wrong with chocolate buttercream right? This one does not disappoint! Chocolate frosting infused with pure coffee flavor. If you love enhanced chocolate richness, this is the frosting for you!
What Kind of Coffee Should I Use in Buttercream?
I like a really strong cup of black coffee in this recipe. However, you can use whatever strength you prefer as well as use a decaf.
You can also use espresso powder, I recommend between 1-2 teaspoons in this recipe.
How to Decorate This Cake
Chocolate Coffee Buttercream Frosting
- 1 cup (2 sticks or 226 g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 cups (750g) confectioners sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup strong brewed coffee, or more to taste
- Pinch salt
- Beat butter and cream cheese together in a bowl with an electric hand mixer (or stand mixer) until creamy.
- Slowly add in confectioners' sugar, cocoa powder, coffee, and salt until smooth and spreadable. Can add more coffee if you want it creamier.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.