Every now and then, I feel like acting as if I am classy. (Be advised, it took everything in me to not write classy with a k. Just a testament to the fact that classy, I am not.)
Not through what I wear or say or do, but with cuisine.
More specifically, dessert.
My first choice in dessert is usually cake. I mean donuts. I mean frosting.
I mean all of the above. Someone please make me a glazed donut cake covered in frosting. #newblogpost
Wait! I am acting classy. So a frosting covered donut cake simply will not do.
But this, this will be perfect.
A decadent chocolate ganche poured into a buttery pistachio tart and sprinkled with crystalized ginger.
Flavors that compliment each other in a refined way. A firm ganche (due to the lesser amount of cream) that holds up in the crust but melts into a fudgey pool of chocolate in your mouth.
The pistachio adds a distinctively salty and nutty kick to the chocolate.
That ginger though… that is what puts this dessert over the top. Such a fantastic burst of earthy sugary spiciness!
Every now and then, I feel like acting as if I am classy.
- 3/4 cup shelled salted pistachio nuts lightly toasted, divided
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cold butter cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup McCormick® Gourmet Collection Ginger Crystallized
Preheat oven to 350°F. Place 1/2 cup of the pistachio nuts in bowl of food processor; cover and pulse until finely chopped.
- Mix flour and sugar in medium bowl, then cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add pistachio nuts; toss to mix well.
Add water; stir until a soft dough forms. Press dough onto bottom and up sides of a prepared 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on wire rack.
Place cream and chocolate in medium microwavable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute, stirring halfway through cooking time. (Chocolate will not be completely melted.)
- Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Cool just until mixture starts to thicken.
- Spread evenly in bottom of tart shell. Cool completely.
Place crystallized ginger in bowl of food processor; cover. Pulse until just coarsely chopped. Add remaining 1/4 cup pistachio nuts; cover. Pulse until chopped. Sprinkle over chocolate in tart shell.
Refrigerate until ready to serve. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe shared with permission from McCormick.com.
It was an absolute delight to create this Chocolate Pistachio and Ginger Tart with McCormick. Thank you so, so much for supporting the brands that support this blog. I only work with the best, and am thankful that McCormick is willing to partner with me! <3