Every now and then, I feel like acting as if I am classy. (Be advised, it took everything in me to not write classy with a k. Just a testament to the fact that classy, I am not.)
Chocolate Pistachio and Ginger Tart
- 3/4 cup shelled salted pistachio nuts lightly toasted, divided
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cold butter cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup McCormick® Gourmet Collection Ginger Crystallized
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place 1/2 cup of the pistachio nuts in bowl of food processor; cover and pulse until finely chopped.
- Mix flour and sugar in medium bowl, then cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add pistachio nuts; toss to mix well.
- Add water; stir until a soft dough forms. Press dough onto bottom and up sides of a prepared 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Place cream and chocolate in medium microwavable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute, stirring halfway through cooking time. (Chocolate will not be completely melted.)
- Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Cool just until mixture starts to thicken.
- Spread evenly in bottom of tart shell. Cool completely.
- Place crystallized ginger in bowl of food processor; cover. Pulse until just coarsely chopped. Add remaining 1/4 cup pistachio nuts; cover. Pulse until chopped. Sprinkle over chocolate in tart shell.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.
Not through what I wear or say or do, but with cuisine.
More specifically, dessert.
My first choice in dessert is usually cake. I mean donuts. I mean frosting.
I mean all of the above. Someone please make me a glazed donut cake covered in frosting. #newblogpost
Wait! I am acting classy. So a frosting covered donut cake simply will not do.
But this, this will be perfect.
A decadent chocolate ganche poured into a buttery pistachio tart and sprinkled with crystalized ginger.
Flavors that compliment each other in a refined way. A firm ganche (due to the lesser amount of cream) that holds up in the crust but melts into a fudgey pool of chocolate in your mouth.
The pistachio adds a distinctively salty and nutty kick to the chocolate.
That ginger though… that is what puts this dessert over the top. Such a fantastic burst of earthy sugary spiciness!
Recipe shared with permission from McCormick.com.
It was an absolute delight to create this Chocolate Pistachio and Ginger Tart with McCormick. Thank you so, so much for supporting the brands that support this blog. I only work with the best, and am thankful that McCormick is willing to partner with me! <3
That looks awesome. Definitely going to be breaking it out over the Christmas period, prove how (k)classy I am!
As for the donut/cake/frosting thing, I actually pinned a kick-ass donut cake recently: Mocha Whipped Cream Doughnut Cake.
Awesome!! Thanks so much!
This looks amazing. I’m adding this to my very small but very delicious repertoire of chocolate desserts to serve when I want to give the impression that I slaved in the kitchen and barely had enough time to do my hair and makeup before throwing on my entertaining outfit and checking to see that the hemline isn’t caught in my panties. Classy is as classy does 🙂
LOL I love that!!!
#newblogpost –> hilarious! I want to steal that! But I won’t. 🙂 This tart is stunning. It’s just completely beautiful food, and it sounds incredible too! Thanks for sharing it!
Ha ha, it’s yours. I am certain I saw it somewhere and my brain just filed it away… 🙂
Is this like the dessert equivalent of playing grown-up? In that case, let’s play anytime. 🙂
I guess you could say that. But I usually rather throw a bunch of candy bars into a pie crust and let my oven work its magic. Now THAT sounds like fun. 😉
This tart sounds heavenly! I adore the ginger and pistachios paired with the chocolate. One elegant and classy dessert!
Thank you Jen!
Amanda!! love this tart! Chocolate ganache poured into a buttery pistachio tart and sprinkled with crystalized ginger?! oh my gawd. . yes!! and this is classy all the way, yo. LOVE!
Thanks pretty lady!
Ahhh — this looks sooo good!!
May I ask a silly question – how do tart pans like this one work? – Is it sort of like a spring-form where the bottom can be removed? I really want to get one, but I keep thinking, I will have to slice the tart in the pan ( … such an odd question – I know 🙁 lol)
Yes, that is exactly how they work! 🙂 (bottom removed)
This is definitely a decadent dessert – and quite classy!
Thank you! I fake it really well. 🙂
This sounds Devine— any fruit that might compliment it or is this something that should be left as-is?? I’m wanting to make a heavenly fruit tart with a chocolate ganache… any ideas? I’m so obsessed with your blog—usually I skip people’s narratives, but never for you! 💗
This was very tasty but I doubled the chocolate as I didn’t think there was near enough as written. Could have gone triple. I thought the mix of ginger and pistachio was very nice.