Super moist and loaded with apples and the best McCormick Ground Cinnamon, Cinnamon Apple Moonshine Cake is topped with a moonshine caramel glaze that takes the cake to the next level! If you love a moist cake, try my Pumpkin Pound Cake with a Cream Cheese Glaze!
Cinnamon Apple Moonshine Cake
When I made my homemade Cinnamon Apple Moonshine, I knew I needed to use it for more than just drinking😉. With its sweet flavor, I thought about using it in a dessert. Then, to make it even more useful, I not only put the moonshine in the cake, but I also used it in the glaze to top the cake! Cheers to that! I will give you variations of the recipe if you do not want to use the alcohol.
Even though the moonshine is a FABULOUS addition to this cake, it simply can’t outshine the cinnamon. McCormick Ground Cinnamon is my go-to in all my baking because of the quality of the product and pure flavor. I usually buy 2 bottles during the holidays because cinnamon is the perfect compliment to almost all my baking!
How to Make Cinnamon Apple Moonshine Cake
There are two parts to this recipe–the glaze and the cake. Make the glaze first, since this will need to cool for at least 3 hours, if not overnight.
Moonshine Caramel Glaze (You read that right! It’s AMAZING!)
To make the glaze, heat the butter, cream, and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Bring this to a boil, and then remove it from the heat. Add the vanilla and Cinnamon Apple Moonshine and stir until combined. Again, you need to let this cool completely (at least 3 hours) before using it as the glaze.
Cinnamon Apple Moonshine Cake
Before you begin making the cake batter, I suggest you core, peel, and chop up the apples and cover them with cinnamon. They will be added to the batter before you bake the cake. To make the cake, there are a few simple instructions.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Beat the sugar, oil, Cinnamon Apple Moonshine, vanilla, and eggs with an electric mixer. Out of eggs? No problem. Try one of my Egg Substitutes for this recipe!
- Then, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt to add to the mixture.
- Finally, fold the cinnamon covered apples into the batter to pour into a greased bundt pan.
- Bake the cake for 52-60 minutes. A toothpick or skewer should come out mostly clean, no wet batter should cling to it. If it is totally clean the cake might be overdone.
- After you have baked the cake, wait about 5 minutes before you drizzle it with 3/4 of the moonshine glaze. Let it sit in the pan for at least 30 minutes and then carefully invert cake onto serving platter.
- Cut a slice and drizzle with more moonshine caramel.
How to Make Cinnamon Apple Cake Without Moonshine
It is easy to substitute the moonshine for other ingredients if you do not want to use alcohol in the recipe.
- For the glaze: simply substitute the moonshine for 1 teaspoon McCormick ground cinnamon. The caramel will be thicker and still taste amazing.
- For the cake: replace the moonshine with 1/2 cup vegetable oil. (That means 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil total in the recipe.)
I put the substitutions on the recipe card as well. Cinnamon Apple Cake will be delicious with or without the Cinnamon Apple Moonshine!
Looking for other Cake Recipes?
Moist and full of apples and cinnamon, Cinnamon Apple Moonshine Cake is topped with a moonshine glaze.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick, 113g) butter
- 2 teaspoons heavy cream
- 1/2 cup (100g) packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup *cinnamon apple moonshine, see blog for the recipe and non-alcoholic substitutions
- 2 cups (450g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (336g) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup **cinnamon apple moonshine, see blog for the recipe and non-alcoholic substitutions
- 2 teaspoon McCormick Vanilla Extract
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups (384g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 2 teaspoons McCormick cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 325°F (175°C). Grease a 9 inch Bundt pan.
Heat the butter, heavy cream, and brown sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat.
Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar, then remove from the heat.
Add in vanilla and cinnamon apple moonshine and stir until combined.
Let cool completely (minimum of 3 hours, best overnight)
In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, moonshine, vanilla, and eggs with an electric mixer until light and fluffy (4-5 minutes)
Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; stir into the batter just until blended.
In a medium bowl, combine apples and cinnamon. Toss to coat all of the apples.
Fold the apples into the cake batter. Pour into the prepared bundt pan.
Bake for 52-60 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out mostly clean, a few crumbs are good! (Wet batter means it is not done.) The crust on top should be very light, the sides should be dark golden brown.
Allow to cool for about 5 minutes in the pan and then drizzle with 3/4 of the caramel moonshine. Allow cake to sit for about 30 minutes (or up to overnight) so that the caramel can soak into the cake. It can be inverted onto serving dish after 30 minutes.
When ready to serve, drizzle each piece with the remaining caramel.
*To make the Caramel Moonshine Glaze alcohol free, simply omit the cinnamon apple moonshine and add 1 teaspoon McCormick Cinnamon.
**To make the cake alcohol free, replace the cinnamon apple moonshine with 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.