Edible Cookie Dough is chocolate chip cookie dough that is made without eggs that you can eat by the spoonful! Try my Cookie Dough Frosting for another sweet way to satisfy your chocolate chip cookie craving.
Edible Cookie Dough
Yes, most of us have been tempted to eat raw cookie dough growing up, but we knew to stay away from it. But now, with this recipe, you can indulge in the most popular cookie dough flavor–chocolate chip cookie dough. Eat this cookie dough as-is, or add it to a bowl of ice cream. It is also delicious on graham crackers.
Edible Cookie Dough Ingredients
As mentioned, there are no eggs in this cookie dough recipe. There are just a few common ingredients to get it made. And, you probably have most of the ingredients on hand. Use room temperature ingredients for the best results. When it comes to chocolate chips, I used milk chocolate chips.
How to Store Edible Cookie Dough
Edible cookie dough can be stored in an airtight container for up to a week. You can also freeze your cookie dough for up to a month. Just make sure you label and date the sealed, freezer-safe container. Whether storing it in the refrigerator or freezer, let the cookie sit at room temperature for a bit before biting into it.
Can I Bake Cookies with Edible Cookie Dough?
Yes, you can use this dough to bake cookies. However there is no leavening agent or eggs in this recipe, so they don’t stand up against my Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe.
I was actually a bit shocked at how good this cookie is. The texture is different, of course, from a typical chocolate chip cookie, but it is definitely worth trying. I loved it (loved it) my daughter loved it and the rest of the kids thought they were pretty good.
Just pop cookie dough balls onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Flatten slightly if desired. Then bake at 350°F for 8-10 minutes, just until golden brown on the edges. (No need to bake the flour ahead of time as the instructions indicate, as the dough will be baked.)
Edible Cookie Dough
- 1 cup (200 g) light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup (1 stick / 113 g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup (61 g) whole milk, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ½ cups (187.5 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (168 g) milk chocolate chips
- If preferred, bake the flour ahead of time. Place it on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake it for 10 minutes at 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar and butter. Beat with a hand mixer until creamy.
- Add in milk, vanilla, and salt. Blend until combined.
- Add flour and mix until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Store edible cookie dough in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Freeze for up to a month.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.